•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 17 Jul 2020

Srikumar

On 7/12/2020 at 1:11 PM, Srikumar said:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie, Absolute Newbie and Above (All Levels)

When:  July 17 2020, Friday.

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: 2nd Dec Cafeteria - https://goo.gl/maps/MxnMF2fHeGnKZ4vf7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

End Point: Tawi Nazwa Farm https://goo.gl/maps/LjPWf8DebrAuNSWg9

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 15 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • 1 Lead Marshal + 1-2 Senior Members + 13 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT

SriKumar, off-roaders.. I won’t be able to make it this Friday.. cleared a spot for others who would like to join.. hopefully c u next week

• Like (+1) 1

PREPARATION FOR THE DRIVE AND WHAT TO EXPECT

1) Please ensure that you reach the meeting point on time, i.e., 5:00 AM sharp. If you are late, you would be left behind.

2) The senior members on the drive would be Me and @Emmanuel.

3) @Tbone would be assisting everyone with the recoveries

4) Convoy numbering would be posted after 6 pm today. 

5) Please spend 15 minutes to go through the Absolute Newbie briefing Video. This would help you prepare for your offroad trip. 

6) Once you reach the meeting point, please turn on your radios. We will be using Carnity Channel 2 tomorrow. (446.03125 Mhz). The instructions to program the radio are provided in the below post 

7) All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. If it requires pulling the fuse, please do the needful. Incase of any queries you can always ask the senior members. 

😎 Deflate to 15 psi. Incase if you have any difficulties you can approach the senior members who would assist you. 

9) Feel free to ask questions on the radio or announce if you have a problem.

We shall be starting the drive close to 2nd December Cafeteria, and enter the desert through some nice easy tracks and dunes so that you can get familiar with your vehicle. As the convoy's confidence increases I shall be gradually increasing the level of the drive keeping in mind everyone's comfort level. We will be driving for about 3 hours, practice driving in sand, proper steering control, crossing some dunes, and getting you and your vehicle accustomed to off-roading in general. 

By 08:30 we will be heading out, where you can inflate the tyres with your compressor. As we would not be exiting close to a gas station, please ensure that you have your own compressor. 

See you on the sand tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 3

Drive RSVP is closed

Convoy Numbering

1. Srikumar - XJ
2. Janarthan - FJC
3. Taha Elghuel - Wrangler
4. Christian Andras - FJC
5. Jeandre Bezuidenhout - Wrangler
6. Biju Abdul - FJC
7. Heisem - FJC 
8. Tbone - Xterra
9. Andy - Pajero LWB
10. Melenany - Ford F150
11. Edgar - Wrangler
12. marks - FJC
13. Incognitoes - Wrangler
14. Nivin - Xterra
15. Emmanuel - Xterra

See you tomorrow morning on or before 5:00 AM

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 hours ago, Srikumar said:

TRIP REPORT

As always, the excitement for the weekend drive starts on the previous Saturday and by the time Thursday arrives, you just want the day to end asap and let the games begin. And when you share this excitement with like minded off-roaders it makes your weekend absolutely perfect.

Everyone met at the Deflation time before 5:00 AM, and after a quick deflation and briefing we started moving towards the base of Pink Rock.

@Janarthan was my second lead and he did a very good job of helping manage the convoy behind him. 

And we did have an excellent bunch of Newbies which allowed me to explore some of the bigger dunes which is mainly done at a Fewbie level drive. Well done @Christian Andras  @Taha Elghuel @Jeandre Bezuidenhout @Biju Abdul @Heisem @andy_macdxb @Edgar @Incognitoes @marks

After passing through Pink Rock dunes, we made our way through the medium sized dunes till we reached the pyramids which consists of some big and well spaced bowls, where one could happily push their cars.

Big thanks to @Tbone for helping out with the recoveries and tugs. There was a big improvement on the recovery skills from last week and some of your tugs was perfect with the right intensity.

It was good to drive again with my old buddy @Emmanuel after such a long time. Having him at sweep gave me the backing to do a bit more adventurous Newbie drive. Thanks for supporting the drive.

Hope you guys enjoyed the drive and I look forward to seeing you next week on the sand.

@Srikumar I totally agree with your first statement of waiting for the next Friday, so now I assume that it’s a common feeling among all of us not just me 😀

Yes all members of our team was very good and I feel is the reason for us to have a good flawless 3 hours drive. I really liked one area where you had mentioned to enjoy mor. I think it was just after the rocks, dunes were so good there. 

@Srikumar this is my second drive with you and I should tell you that your a great leader making us feel safe while enjoy the adventure rides. 

@Emmanuel you were very helpful when I had the refusal and it was nice to see you always rush to refusal spots from our sides.

overall it was a fantastic drive and with just 3 drives with Carnity, I feel good progress in my skills. I would say this drive made me learn more about right acceleration based on the dunes we approach.

As you rightly said, I am impatient now to wait till Friday for the next drive 👍🏻👍🏻

6B8577B3-FCB3-49ED-AF60-96BEA3D28FD3.jpeg

4A7AB063-C972-45A6-A4ED-DA933C2ACC6E.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use