•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - 17 Jul 2020

Jeepie

Anyone willing to swap this drive with the afternoon Fewbie one? I am booked for the afternoon but due to last minute business commitments I may not be able to attend.  

14 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Anyone willing to swap this drive with the afternoon Fewbie one? I am booked for the afternoon but due to last minute business commitments I may not be able to attend.  

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher if you want you can take my place, I will go for the newbie drive with @Rahimdad, as there are still few positions available in his drive.

Please let us know here so that we can change RSVP before the final convoy list is done.

Kindly note this adjustment @Jeepie

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

14 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher if you want you can take my place, I will go for the newbie drive with @Rahimdad, as there are still few positions available in his drive.

Please let us know here so that we can change RSVP before the final convoy list is done.

Kindly note this adjustment @Jeepie

Dear @Chaitanya D, this would be very kind of you, thanks a lot for your availability! If you were aiming for a Fewbie drive instead of a Newbie one, I don't want you to give it up for me.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Just now, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear @Chaitanya D, this would be very kind of you, thanks a lot for your availability! If you were aiming for a Fewbie drive instead of a Newbie one, I don't want you to give it up for me.. 

No its fine as I will be going for the fewbie in evening , you go ahead with this drive.

I will remove my RSVP from here and Join Rahim bhai.

• Well Done (+2) 4

1 minute ago, Chaitanya D said:

No its fine as I will be going for the fewbie in evening , you go ahead with this drive.

I will remove my RSVP from here and Join Rahim bhai.

Perfect. Thanks a lot!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

We will be using radio channel 4 and the convoy numbering will be

Jeepie

Expert

Jeep Wrangler

Y

JJ

Fewbie

Jeep Wrangler

Y

Jun Zamora

Fewbie

Jeep Wrangler

Y

Shjiu Manuel

Fewbie

Mitsubishi Pajero LWB

Y

Rajeevan Vickneswaran

Fewbie

Jeep Wrangler

Y

Yousef Alimadadi

Fewbie

Mitsubishi Pajero LWB

Y

Brette

Advance

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Y

Mehmet Volga

Fewbie

Mitsubishi Pajero LWB

Y

RohanH

Fewbie

Mitsubishi Pajero LWB

Y

Lorenzo Candelpergher

Fewbie

Nissan Patrol Y62

Y

Febin Frederic

Fewbie

Jeep Wrangler

Y

Magellan

Fewbie

FJ Cruiser

Y

Ale Vallecchi

Expert

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Y

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Very nice drive today! 

I followed the recommendations by @Wrangeld, trying to drive in D whenever was possible, and in any case trying to keep my RPM below 2000 almost all the time. I then switched back to manual gears from time to time, having realized that most of what I would do in 1st gear until last week I could now easily do it in 2nd or even 3rd gear, with a much smoother / lighter ride and with more momentum as I could go a bit faster. It felt as if I were driving a totally different car, honestly much easier to deal with, less brutal and churning much much much less sand. What a surprising change!! Today I feel I made my greatest progress since I started off-roading.

Driving so comfortably, I really enjoyed @Jeepie's nice track for the day. Over 30km (see track data below), starting with a very nice sunrise unveiling the skyline of Pink Rock over the horizon and then ascending the rock itself and turning all around it clockwise, which offered very nice views.

The path was very interesting, alternating small technical dunes and larger ones with a few nice sideys, criss crosses and ridge riding. With my "brand new" driving technique (ahah) it all came very natural and I never had a single moment of serious difficulty, despite being quite at the end of the convoy. 

Thanks also to @Brette and @Ale Vallecchifor the speedy recoveries which minimized our idle time due to stucks, significantly less than the last few rides. 

See you next week! 

Screenshot_20200717-104829_PathAway Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20200717-104650_PathAway Pro.jpg

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 7

23 minutes ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Very nice drive today! 

I followed the recommendations by @Wrangeld, trying to drive in D whenever was possible, and in any case trying to keep my RPM below 2000 almost all the time. I then switched back to manual gears from time to time, having realized that most of what I would do in 1st gear until last week I could now easily do it in 2nd or even 3rd gear, with a much smoother / lighter ride and with more momentum as I could go a bit faster. It felt as if I were driving a totally different car, honestly much easier to deal with, less brutal and churning much much much less sand. What a surprising change!! Today I feel I made my greatest progress since I started off-roading.

Driving so comfortably, I really enjoyed @Jeepie's nice track for the day. Over 30km (see track data below), starting with a very nice sunrise unveiling the skyline of Pink Rock over the horizon and then ascending the rock itself and turning all around it clockwise, which offered very nice views.

The path was very interesting, alternating small technical dunes and larger ones with a few nice sideys, criss crosses and ridge riding. With my "brand new" driving technique (ahah) it all came very natural and I never had a single moment of serious difficulty, despite being quite at the end of the convoy. 

Thanks also to @Brette and @Ale Vallecchifor the speedy recoveries which minimized our idle time due to stucks, significantly less than the last few rides. 

See you next week! 

Screenshot_20200717-104829_PathAway Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20200717-104650_PathAway Pro.jpg

Exactly. D is easiest. Just press the pedal and machine work for us.

Earlier wherever I tried to use manual gear, I used more of 1 and 2. But after pushing it more in 1 suddenly the power used to go off and I was feeling that there is some issue with machine. Yesterday mechanic told me that after high RPM it actual happens that power goes off if it is gear 1. Today I tried to use more of 2,3 and I felt it worked. In couple of places, I couldn't do it so I just out it on D. So I think there is big scope of learning how to use manual gear and which really helps in desert.

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use