•  
Advertise here

2007 Tundra

I sold my Grand Cherokee last Saturday. I am actually looking for a Xterra but i came across with this Tundra. As i like big and bold vehicles it took my attention. This generation Tundra still doesn't look old. When i read the consumer reviews online, i saw good review only. Everyone talking about how reliable and easy to maintain this car. My question is generally i am staying away from US spec cars. Is it also applicable for a Tundra? When i want to sell it(i actually like changing cars yearly) will it go easily like a Xterra? 

https://uae.yallamotor.com/used-cars/toyota/tundra/2007/used-toyota-tundra-trd-crewmax-5-7l-2007-1029077

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sertac said:

I sold my Grand Cherokee last Saturday. I am actually looking for a Xterra but i came across with this Tundra. As i like big and bold vehicles it took my attention. This generation Tundra still doesn't look old. When i read the consumer reviews online, i saw good review only. Everyone talking about how reliable and easy to maintain this car. My question is generally i am staying away from US spec cars. Is it also applicable for a Tundra? When i want to sell it(i actually like changing cars yearly) will it go easily like a Xterra? 

https://uae.yallamotor.com/used-cars/toyota/tundra/2007/used-toyota-tundra-trd-crewmax-5-7l-2007-1029077

The Tundra is an amazing beast, and i also like those big trucks a lot. On the other hand i always felt this is more of an overlanding vehicle and less of a dunebashing vehicle due to the weight, but have seen them dunebashing too. Your petrol consumption in the desert will be mostlikely above 35l/100km so that might be the less fun thing.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, sertac said:

Toyota US spec should be similar to a GCC vehicle i presume. But resale value will be lower (purchasing price also).

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Frederic said:

The Tundra is an amazing beast, and i also like those big trucks a lot. On the other hand i always felt this is more of an overlanding vehicle and less of a dunebashing vehicle due to the weight, but have seen them dunebashing too. Your petrol consumption in the desert will be mostlikely above 35l/100km so that might be the less fun thing.

I totally agree it is not exactly meant for dune bashing. I will be struggling because of the size a lot. When i think about my driving actually %90 i am driving on the highway. Also the petrol consumption is not that a big deal for me. My Jeep was 16/100km for my daily usage and at the desert i didnt calculate exact but it should be around 30l/100km.

For resale value this is the cheapest one available now in the market. I spoke with the owner he is calming he is effected because of current situation thats why he is selling. Do you think it should be cheaper? 

6 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Toyota US spec should be similar to a GCC vehicle i presume. But resale value will be lower (purchasing price also).

I guess they didnt bring the Tundra here officially. All on dubizzle are import. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, sertac said:

I totally agree it is not exactly meant for dune bashing. I will be struggling because of the size a lot. When i think about my driving actually %90 i am driving on the highway. Also the petrol consumption is not that a big deal for me. My Jeep was 16/100km for my daily usage and at the desert i didnt calculate exact but it should be around 30l/100km.

For resale value this is the cheapest one available now in the market. I spoke with the owner he is calming he is effected because of current situation thats why he is selling. Do you think it should be cheaper? 

I guess they didnt bring the Tundra here officially. All on dubizzle are import. 

The price is based on how much the market or potential buyer wants to pay. So i think that's hard to say. If the car is in perfect technical condition, then it might be giving you lots of smiles and power for 25kAED.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I was looking some information about the truck and i just noticed it is not 4x4 model so lets all pretend like i never ask about this truck :D How the world Toyota built a truck and named it TRD Off Road Package but it is 2WD :D 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Confused (0) 1

Just now, sertac said:

I was looking some information about the truck and i just noticed it is not 4x4 model so lets all pretend like i never ask about this truck :D How the world Toyota built a truck and named it TRD Off Road Package but it is 2WD :D 

We shall never talk about it again....

PS i bought a USA spec 2007 FJ Cruiser TRD in Saudi Arabia some years back... SAME PROBLEM 😅 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

30 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@sertac I like you getting all excited, this is the second time you have posted a 2 WD off roader. BTW I think the Ram is beautiful. Is it gone?

Ram is still staying but I decided to keep the budget lower because of this uncertain times. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

13 hours ago, sertac said:

No wonder it was so cheap, tundras are very popular here and you'll be hard pressed to find one below 40 ish for a 07+ They do come in 4x4 just the one you are looking at is a 2wd. I think Jamez also had a tundra for a while and bashed it everywhere.

Also if you like big vehicles like me have a look at the Sequoia ( station wagon version of the tundra )and the Armada both also 5.7 V8s  very bowarfull and sborty also

Although Sequoia holds it value

But Armada is cheap as chips nowadays.almost throw away prices. Actually most big V8s are save for cruisers and patrols you can get a pretty late model in very good Nick for 25k. 

And they are mostly GCC spec. But rarely you'll come across a US import which is 2wd

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1