•  

Looks Like It Can Kick Some Serious A$$

desertdude

9 minutes ago, Javier M said:

The cost of the V8 Jeep woul be around 250 to 300k if it ever comes to the UAE. I would stick to the bronco and probably put a bigger turbo to get more horses from the 2.7 engine

Then u should better keep your current 3.6 SC Wrangler.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

34 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Then u should better keep your current 3.6 SC Wrangler.

I am not planning to get rid of my Jeep. They'll probably have to burry me in that. 

I would just add the Bronco to my collection

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

To be honest I don't have much faith in squeezing out so much power out of a tiny motor via forced induction. 

First of all it's adds unnecessary complexity to already complex modern engines. 

Second when running at the borderline of its peak performance don't think it will last too long without big repairs.

Thirdly already mentioned turbos and this environment of extreme heat and fine sand. Turbos run on very small tolerances. Any dirt or sand getting into the turbo vanes and it's bearings will just wear them away quickly and they are very few cases where they can be repaired and replacements are always expensive.

Also I dunno why more people don't opt for super chargers instead?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

The Bronco would come already with a twin turbo so adding a bigger one would be less hassle than going with super charger. I agree super charger is better but we don't know the real peak performance of this engine since manufacturers will always play it safe let's not under estimate the 2.7

https://youtu.be/YNLXbF0N-2Y

• Like (+1) 2

I'm always willing to give new a chance. And hopefully with the twin turbo setup the low end torque and turbo lag issues are also solved .

But still the mind falters with such puny displacement of only 2.7 trying to pump out 300 plus horsepower. Questions about longevity and reliability arise.

Other than diesels never heard of high mileage and reliable turbocharged engines.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Yup 100% true never buy the first 2 to 3 years of a new generation. In reality 5 years is a safer bet. Given enough chance to sort out all the quirks and nags.

Unless it's a BMW or Nissan they don't give a shit and keep manufacturing faulty cars! lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

The 2.3 ecoboost is a well proven power plant at this stage. The earlier ones at the start had their problems but the latest generation seem to have all the problems ironed out.

I had a drive in a new 4 cylinder mustang last week. To be honest, I went into it with a bad attitude and fully expected it to be thoroughly shite but I was impressed. Forget the fact it’s a V8 muscle car because it isn’t and see it for what it is, a good looking coupe with reasonable economy and it all starts to make sense. While it’s not a fire breathing 500 horsepower monster, it has more than enough power for every day use and enough to put a smile on your face. It might be a 4 cylinder but a Nissan sunny it isn’t. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

I found this. OJ Simpson model Bronco we built around 2 years ago. I use the word built very loosely. It was a rusty ball of dung covered in khaki plastidip with a set of big wheels and a 351 Windsor V8 dropped into it to make it move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use