•  
Advertise here

F1 2020

Is anyone watching F1, whether religiously or as and when you feel like it?

I have been following F1 religiously for more than 10 years. This year, given the pandemic is slightly different (weird). F1 is racing without any fans at the circuit.

They have just resumed racing 2 weeks ago and I am not complaining. In case you are interested, F1 will be racing in Hungary this week (18&19 July).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Yep following it religiously :) Also have a F1 Fantasy Team with friends below pic :- )  Bottas and Norris are doing really well and too bad for the Ferrari's - they are sucking really bad !

f1.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

Yes, I am glad that McLaren is doing well this year. Racing Point as well based on their race pace. Hopefully Racing Point will not be penalized by the FIA for being a pink Mercedes.

The biggest question mark would be how will Vettel soldier on for the rest of the year and where will he go next.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I only see retirement as an option for VET - if he is looking only at Redbull and Merc., doubt there is a chance. Redbull as a company targets young urban male , vettel was apt for them when he was the youngest race winner, doesnt make sense to bring him onboard. Moreover not a good idea to pair with VER either - he will thrash him and end his career.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I agree. Red Bull is Ver’s team for the foreseeable future. No space for him. Maybe Ver is too strong his team mates are all looking a bit weak. I do hope Albon improves. 

if Vettel wants to remain in F1, he needs some luck. Like how Alonso gets the Renault seat. It will be a midfield team for Vettel and if he’s lucky the team may get the 2022 new rules spot on and he will be in contention for podiums/ wins.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

What! People actually watch F1! 

Of course because not everyone has a shiny resume like yours to race alongside Alonso and Vettel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Last I watched an F1 race was back in the 1980s. Nigel Mansel used to drive the Malboro Honda McLaren. Met him at the Honda showroom as well. But no longer interested in watching or being any part of this F1 circus.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Of course because not everyone has a shiny resume like yours to race alongside Alonso and Vettel.

Pfft all track based Motorsports is the most boring thing to watch. Even curling is more exciting.

It's great fun for the driver but meh not so much a spectator sport.

I don't might watching the highlights and crashes though :D

27 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Last I watched an F1 race was back in the 1980s. Nigel Mansel used to drive the Malboro Honda McLaren. Met him at the Honda showroom as well. But no longer interested in watching or being any part of this F1 circus.

After Senna died I stopped bothering with it. I hate to say it but I did have a poster of Mansel! 

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1