•  
Advertise here

F1 2020

Yeah the tyres today could not take the stress/loads of the high speed corners. Hopefully it’ll be better next week or even better if the tyres are more fragile so the teams will have more pit strategy options. 

3 hours ago, Xaf said:

Not a team but personalities:

1 Max, 2 Lando, 3 Charles and lets see what Russell will do next seasons.

Max is definitely world champ in waiting and he’s still so young and so experienced. I feel sorry for all his past and present team mates. Albon is not doing well at the moment. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bottas has just renewed for 2021. Looks like Merc wants stability over young blood from their junior program, the likes of George Russell or Estaben Ocon.

I can understand why they do it especially since it is the year before the new rules but I prefer that they go for a younger drive in case Lewis retires.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.analysis-6-key-questions-about-bottas-new-mercedes-deal-answered.5uqiWFwogVNNBICB1mXKs7.html

Edited by topgear
  • Like (+1) 2

I am looking forward to the race this evening, 5pm UAE time. 

Nico Hulkenberg who is driving Racing Point qualified 3rd and it is a stellar achievement. I hope he gets his first podium today. 

Bottas put his car on pole after last week's retirement due to the spectacular tire blowout. 

Daniei Ricciado is starting 4th. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today, at the Temple of Speed (Monza), I witnessed Pierre Gasly won the grand prix for the first time. It has been a long while since we see a new winner.

None of the 'regulars' were on the podium today, which is refreshing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Your passion for F1 is amazing. Thank you for keeping us posted. If you want to be a Marshal at F1 event in Abu Dhabi you can register yourself at the EMSF (Emirates Motor Sports Federation) in Mandar area. They will email you asking for support at the F1 event. You'll have to spend 6 weeks, once every week training and you'll be handed over your responsibility at the track. It gets very loud on the track, but the part of the track you're assigned to gets you really close in on the action.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Rahimdad thanks for this. I will check it out. Did you participate as a marshal before? I am sure the experience is different

I went to Bahrain last year to watch the race on a day trip fly in and fly out. I was tempted to attend the Abu Dhabi race but postponed it to this year due. As we all know COVID hit and things changed. Sort of regret my decision made last year. Lesson is, if you want to do something, do it as soon as you can and not postpone it. Nothing is guaranteed in the future. 

• Like (+1) 1