•  

Mountain and wadi exploration route/ideas

Gaurav

As part of continuous improvement and diversification, Carnity off-road club plans to add few mountain and wadi drives regularly to the off-road drives calendar. Depending on the interest, we might continue or alternate those drives with the help of senior off-roaders and marshals.

As UAE mountain and wadi are very dynamic and seasonal, so we like to hear from the mountain explorers here who have recently visited such scenic places?

• Place should be safe enough to schedule a drive of 10-15 cars.
  • You must have recently visited that place in the last 6 months time.
  • Suggestions open to both levels - newbie (preferable) - fewbie (acceptable).
  • It shouldn't be of an extreme rock crawling level (as of now).

Feel free to suggest any place, that you must have heard from your friends/family recently so that we can plan a recce trip and scout the area before posting the drive.

We really appreciate if you have tracks, route, coordinates to get in and out, would be really helpful in getting these started.

• Like (+1) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

4 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

As part of continuous improvement and diversification, Carnity off-road club plans to add few mountain and wadi drives regularly to the off-road drives calendar. Depending on the interest, we might continue or alternate those drives with the help of senior off-roaders and marshals.

As UAE mountain and wadi are very dynamic and seasonal, so we like to hear from the mountain explorers here who have recently visited such scenic places?

• Place should be safe enough to schedule a drive of 10-15 cars.
  • You must have recently visited that place in the last 6 months time.
  • Suggestions open to both levels - newbie (preferable) - fewbie (acceptable).
  • It shouldn't be of an extreme rock crawling level (as of now).

Feel free to suggest any place, that you must have heard from your friends/family recently so that we can plan a recce trip and scout the area before posting the drive.

We really appreciate if you have tracks, route, coordinates to get in and out, would be really helpful in getting these started.

Looking forward to the drive

• Like (+1) 3

Yikes,  the only reason I dont go for the jeep club drives anymore is because they do a lot of these wadi trips !  Enjoyable for many ..personally no ..some places below :

Wadi Zikt / Wadi Sidir/ Wadi Shawka / Jabal Al Akdhar/  Baraq Dam...

I can get the routes if needed 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, J J said:

Yikes,  the only reason I dont go for the jeep club drives anymore is because they do a lot of these wadi trips !  Enjoyable for many ..personally no ..some places below :

Wadi Zikt / Wadi Sidir/ Wadi Shawka / Jabal Al Akdhar/  Baraq Dam...

I can get the routes if needed 

Hi @J J any reason why you dont like wadi drives? 

• Like (+1) 2

I just feel it's a boring drive :) Atleast for the many I went to .. Not my thing and do not enjoy rock crawling either . Hate the non stop bumpy drive :) Going with the family and to chill maybe it's ok once in a blue moon!

• Like (+1) 2

I hear you completely @J J but not all drives are the same. I agree if wadi's are dry and flat, it gets monotonous and boring too quickly, but if it has ongoing challenges, inclined gradients, it adds to the thrill.

I absolutely love mountains, just because of the heights, scenic beauty, view from different vantage point are totally amazing to drive or to chill out on top (after COVID finishes).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Yes it's more of a personal preference .. can get you these routes 

Wadi Zikt / Wadi Sidir/ Wadi Shawka / Jabal Al Akdhar/  Baraq Dam

They are pretty fun and enjoyable by many 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use