•  
Advertise here

Plate Number Dilemma

sertac

Guys i found a car and i am in purchase process now. This question could be odd for the people who doesn`t care about plate number. The car i am buying have the plate of N 78997. Which is nice number with double 7 and double 9. I have the plate number under my name D 30197. D is bit nicer because it is old plate from year 2000. N plate belong to year 2011-2012 but numbers are nicer. What would you choose? I know @Gaurav also in to plate numbers. If there is any other plate number freak let me know what you think/ 

• Like (+1) 3

If you dont have any emotional value attached to any number like bday, first car, bla bla then Im sorry to say both numbers are no big deal and goes in usual recycle mode from RTA.

Value of importance

• 4 digit - 5k to 20k - sold by RTA
  • A code - 2k - 5k - sold by pvt seller
  • B and C code - 1k - 2k - sold by pvt seller
  • D onwards no one pays for anything

D plate code goes in super high demand in 1, 2 or 3 digit as RTA was only allowed to sell D code initially (till 2010), so in 1-3 digit they only used to sell D plates in auction/advertise. Now I think they can sell any plate.

D and 5 digit - no special value.

I have reserved A46329 - my first car in Dubai in 2002 - emotional value.

I have bought L2404 - my bday - from RTA directly.

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I'd go with N number since it comes with the car anyways.

I personally have bought 3 plates (1 bike + 2 car) they all have repetitive numbers and emotional value.

Edited by tjsingh
  • Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

If you dont have any emotional value attached to any number like bday, first car, bla bla then Im sorry to say both numbers are no big deal and goes in usual recycle mode from RTA.

Value of importance

D plate code goes in super high demand in 1, 2 or 3 digit as RTA was only allowed to sell D code initially (till 2010), so in 1-3 digit they only used to sell D plates in auction/advertise. Now I think they can sell any plate.

Hmm..this is interesting. 

buy the way my plate number is C-94515. as per above its worth about 1-2K   is anyone interested. 😀 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

All these numbers and digits are quite meaningless and invaluable to me. I'd rather go for:

image.jpeg.343506f2646fc139d22cf504ee6ed493.jpeg

Funny license plates from this year's... - Alaska 4x4 Meet and ...

10 of the rudest numberplates spotted on Britain's roads

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Just now, Frederic said:

All these numbers and digits are quite meaningless and invaluable to me. I'd rather go for:

image.jpeg.343506f2646fc139d22cf504ee6ed493.jpeg

Funny license plates from this year's... - Alaska 4x4 Meet and ...

10 of the rudest numberplates spotted on Britain's roads

In here my favorite was G 63 plate on Merc G63. In Turkey i was driving a Peugeot 206. Surely my plate wash 10 AL 206 :D i wanted that plate so much and luckily got Peugeot fan police officer while registration. I ended up getting the plate number for free :D 

45 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Hmm..this is interesting. 

buy the way my plate number is C-94515. as per above its worth about 1-2K   is anyone interested. 😀 

Keep that plate number when you are selling your car. I was getting a C plate number if i choose another Xterra over the one i choose now. But cleaner car is better than a good plate number. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

9 minutes ago, sertac said:

Keep that plate number when you are selling your car. I was getting a C plate number if i choose another Xterra over the one i choose now. But cleaner car is better than a good plate number. 

Yes I’m having this plate for almost 8 years now 

• Like (+1) 3

Yes agree that 78997 is a nice number. The only reason why you are asking is because you have emotional attachment to your own number. If that is the case, then go with your own number. 

I would too if I am emotionally attached to the number.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, sertac said:

Guys i found a car and i am in purchase process now. This question could be odd for the people who doesn`t care about plate number. The car i am buying have the plate of N 78997. Which is nice number with double 7 and double 9. I have the plate number under my name D 30197. D is bit nicer because it is old plate from year 2000. N plate belong to year 2011-2012 but numbers are nicer. What would you choose? I know @Gaurav also in to plate numbers. If there is any other plate number freak let me know what you think/ 

I think you should go with the one you like most among these 2. Sorry but I don't think there is anything special in D-30197 even in terms of numbering as well rhyme except any emotional attachment. So If I have to chose I will take 78997. If you want to keep the earlier number then can reserve as well I thinks its 45 aed for 3 months. 

I kept reserved the number O- 26965 when I sold my corolla and used the same number for Pajero. One of the coincidence's is Color of both cars are same, its grey. In fact, I am using the same key chain, same hanging toy and same Xmas cape for all seats. And I smile when I think of this. So I will keep the same number for future cars.

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Value of importance

Wow. 2404 is good number and it looks very prominent on your 2 Door Pajero

Edited by RohanH
  • Like (+1) 3