•  
Advertise here

How is Jeep Liberty for off-roading?

Today I saw Jeep liberty. Its in between 2002-2007 . This can be under 8 to 10 K

It looks small , light weight . How is it. and is it easy to maintain?

image.png.5afcd37067fd5f584adb0a8a940d9227.png

Also the one 2008 to 2012 . Can be under 15 to 20 K

image.png.f258e9e7c7e314a42e5d89798e26273b.png

Are these cars easy to maintain

• Like (+1) 1

If you already own one and like to do "multipurpose" use for office and offroad then it's fine for newbie and fewbie level drives.

I humbly suggest not to put money on such vehicles as a dedicated off-road toy, if you are in a market to buy now.

I have only seen, people destroying above 2002-2007 shape liberty to pieces against their egos (Rahimdad, knows him too, wont name anyone here).

For 2008-2012 - your best bet is @AKR to have an honest feedback, if he recommend later shape liberty as a "NEW" dedicated off-road toy.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I remember yammi from now defunct D4x4 had a KJ and it did pretty well although he was pretty rough on it and didn't treat it very well.

I remember it didn't have a recovery point in the front so had to get one fabricated for him at our shop 

The new one more squarish one didn't too well on a test drive.

To be honest never seen the KJ is capable hands to pass a solid judgement on it.

I think that's also a big factor. I've seen all sorts of vehicle do well in capable hands and even good cars in not so capable hands struggle and suffer.

So it's all relevant. And nowadays very confusing with so many cars available on the cheap you are spoiled for choice.

I think a very reasonable choice would be the Nissan R50 between 02-05

But hey unless you want to be different and want to experiment a bit. No harm in trying 

It's only money!

• Like (+1) 2

I have seen a few in my times. Would not recommend as a dedicated off-roader. I have to agree with everyone here and say if you have one and try to use it for newbie and Fewbie drives only to determine if you want to take it up as a more serious sport. I remember a Fewbie drive once in the Pink Rock area and playing in some lazy bowls. I had to deflate the 2005 Liberty to 8 PSI and I was literally standing on the gas pedal to get it out of its misery. The owner sold it the very next day and bought a TJ which he is still enjoying today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

@rohan

Happy to share my honest review abt Liberty KK (08-12)

Currently running stock 3.7 V6 engine.2.5" Rough Country leveling kit. 1.5" Yita spacers but had to remove it as it was causing running issue.

265/70 R17 Dunlop Grandtrex. I have trimmed almost 40%-50% of my front bumper and somewhat similar on the rear one. 

be prepared to trim the front bumper for fewbie and upwards the stock will break a 100%, for sure. rest everything is stock on my jeep

I have be able to handle almost every challenge the dunes had to offer. Initially had an O2 sensor issue and was lacking power  but once replaced it has been an absolute beast this is a very common problems with these models  . Never had any major issues the engine and transmission is solid even after putting 280K kms on my jeep. i am happy with the overall build. I don't want to say more and jinx it :-P 

have recently put bigger tyres and need to see how it plays out . 

Having put these Kms my jeep it is now a hybrib " It burns Oil and Gas" @Srikumar

Approach and breakover angles are a bit less when compared to others and you will need to lift it and trim it.  once done there will be no issues

KK suspension gives good affroad capability and a very comfortable on road experience. 

Maintenance is not expensive you just to know the right place to get your stuff. eg 6ltr mopar 10k oil is 100aed . 

overall i would say its not the best but its best for me. it offers good Box looks and decent offroad capabilities 

you can find 2010 under 100k kms  for 15k aed

Have been using it for offroading almost 1 1/2 yr and loving it ,would not trade it for anything else. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-20 at 10.32.10 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-20 at 10.32.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-20 at 10.32.10 (2).jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 6

16 hours ago, AKR said:

@rohan

Happy to share my honest review abt Liberty KK (08-12)

Currently running stock 3.7 V6 engine.2.5" Rough Country leveling kit. 1.5" Yita spacers but had to remove it as it was causing running issue.

265/70 R17 Dunlop Grandtrex. I have trimmed almost 40%-50% of my front bumper and somewhat similar on the rear one. 

be prepared to trim the front bumper for fewbie and upwards the stock will break a 100%, for sure. rest everything is stock on my jeep

I have be able to handle almost every challenge the dunes had to offer. Initially had an O2 sensor issue and was lacking power  but once replaced it has been an absolute beast this is a very common problems with these models  . Never had any major issues the engine and transmission is solid even after putting 280K kms on my jeep. i am happy with the overall build. I don't want to say more and jinx it :-P 

have recently put bigger tyres and need to see how it plays out . 

Having put these Kms my jeep it is now a hybrib " It burns Oil and Gas" @Srikumar

Approach and breakover angles are a bit less when compared to others and you will need to lift it and trim it.  once done there will be no issues

KK suspension gives good affroad capability and a very comfortable on road experience. 

Maintenance is not expensive you just to know the right place to get your stuff. eg 6ltr mopar 10k oil is 100aed . 

overall i would say its not the best but its best for me. it offers good Box looks and decent offroad capabilities 

you can find 2010 under 100k kms  for 15k aed

Have been using it for offroading almost 1 1/2 yr and loving it ,would not trade it for anything else. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-20 at 10.32.10 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-20 at 10.32.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-20 at 10.32.10 (2).jpeg

Wow..well explained. Thanks.

Actually,  I had mentioned the feedback for liberty on the best 4X4 off road cars so that it can be also added to list. But I dont know,  how it got new topic.

Indeed, it is good to take the opinion before buying any car. 

Thank you everyone for your valuable inputs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RohanH said:

Wow..well explained. Thanks.

Actually,  I had mentioned the feedback for liberty on the best 4X4 off road cars so that it can be also added to list. But I dont know,  how it got new topic.

Indeed, it is good to take the opinion before buying any car. 

Thank you everyone for your valuable inputs.

Yes, I have split this into new topic as your original post was seeking help to know how is it than to suggest to add it to the list.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.