•  

COVID19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie PLUS Desert Drive - Exploration from Qudra to Little Swehian - Dubai - 24 Jul 2020

Ale Vallecchi

Dear fellow Adventirers

In preparation for tomorrow's PM drive, the convoy will move in the following order:

2.@Kalahari in Second Lead, followed by

3. @Jolly Abraham

4. @Shiju Manuel

5. @Salarios

6. @Lucky sAm

7. @Wrangeld at Center Forward

8. @Anish S

9. @Chaitanya D

10. @Rinelle Sanaani

11. @Lorenzo Candelpergher

12. @Frederic in Sweep position

Given this variety of situations, keeping in mind that ideally this wishes to be a relatively long drive (up to 60 Km), and considering that it's getting dark sooner, I would like to kindly ask all the drivers to ARRIVE AT THE DEFLATION POINT NO LATER THAN 4:15PM, AND BE READY TO LEAVE BY 4:30PM. We will drive communicating on Carnity Channel 1 (446.006).

As already mentioned this wishes to be an exploratory drive of the Western Qudra Basin in the direction of Little Swehian, to the South-West. I have had the opportunity of scouting this area recently, and have found it to be made of a mix of terrains, in order of appearance: 1) sets of long range dunes, where navigation is somewhat easier, and some side-sloping and safe ridge cresting can be practiced, 2) some technical dunes (which we'll do our best to avoid, due to their tightness) which will slow the convoy down and will require to keep safe distances, and very careful driving, 3) several sabkhas, where we will be able to pick up our pace and finally, if we'll manage to get as far as Little Swehian, 4) challenging dune bowls, following long cordons, with relatively tight space in between, and some soft sand patches.

We will try to use the easier terrain (sabkhas and sand tracks) as much as possible, to be able to spend more time in the longer range dunes, and possibly in Little Swehian. Nonetheless, no matter how much we try to make the drive approachable, this particular mix of terrains will require your full attention and concentration. I recommend those avid desert goers who will also enjoy a morning drive to PLEASE SLEEP, TAKE A NAP, REST, and come refreshed to the drive.

Have a great end of the week, and see you all tomorrow.

Edited by Ale Vallecchi
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Kalahari said:

All, I have 4 pieces of wood that can be used for base of jack. Let me know if anybody wants one, and I can bring along. 

Hi @Kalahari. I am sure they would be appreciated. If you can please bring them I'm sure there will be interested people. Thanks for the offer. 

Edited by Ale Vallecchi
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:

All, I have 4 pieces of wood that can be used for base of jack. Let me know if anybody wants one, and I can bring along. 

I want one please 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Jorge Stepniak Felippe said:

In case of any last minute cancellation I am interested to join you tomorrow. Enjoy!

Hello @Jorge Stepniak Felippe. Will inform you up to 3PM if anything changes. Thanks

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rinelle Sanaani said:

@Ale Vallecchi m sorry i wont be able to be there today.. due to work matterrs.. have fun and be safe guys. 

Thanks for advising @Rinelle Sanaani.

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe let me know if you still wish to join. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use