•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 24 Jul 2020

Srikumar

32 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Hi @Usman Basit, welcome to the Carnity Offroad Club and appreciate that you have shared the pictures. 

From the pictures it seems like that the front bumper (considering the black air dam) is having less than 8 inch of ground clearance, which is the minimum requirement. But its better you check it once at your end. Also, please ensure that there are proper tow points at the front and back of the car.

Alternatively, you could describe your second car and we can advise accordingly.

While its good to have your own gear, for the first offroad drive its not mandatory. There is a topic on where to get all the stuff which I have provided below.

Thanks @Srikumar for your prompt reply. The second car is a range rover sport which i think would be more appropriate. Will leave the gear for the second time. :)   

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Vijaysekhar said:

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2015.

This is my first time offroading. Will try and get as many things as possible, are the radio sets a must ?? 

Hi Vijay, welcome. While a radio is very important, it's alright if you don't have it for your first off-road adventure. We have a spare one which would be fully sanitized and offered to you for usage.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi, Francois here, not a first timer in the desert, been out around big red few times with a Jeep Wrangler and Ford F150. 
Will join with 2017 Ford F150 

Confirming that my vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets

See you Friday 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Now that we are just a few hours away from the start of drive, it's a reminder to everyone who are joining with us tomorrow to read the COVID-19 regulations. We need your formal acknowledgement and commitment to comply with them by clicking on the "Totally Agree" emoji button inside the COVID post.

PREPARATION FOR THE DRIVE AND WHAT TO EXPECT

1) Please ensure that you reach the meeting point on or before time, i.e., 5:00 AM sharp.

2) The senior members on the drive would be Me and @Vanessa8580.

3) Since most of you would be joining us for the first time, please spend 15 minutes to go through the Absolute Newbie briefing Video. This would help you prepare for your first offroad trip. 

4) Once you reach the meeting point, those who have the radios please turn them on. We will be using Carnity Channel 4 tomorrow. (446.08125 Mhz). The instructions to program the radio are provided in the below post 

5) All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. If it requires pulling the fuse, please do the needful. Incase of any queries you can always ask the senior members. 

6) Deflate to 15 psi. Incase if you have any difficulties you can approach the senior members who would assist you. 

7) Feel free to ask questions on the radio or announce if you have a problem.

We shall be starting the drive close to Hamari well and will enter the desert through some nice easy tracks and dunes so that you can get familiar with your vehicle. As the convoy's confidence increases I shall be gradually increasing the level of the drive keeping in mind everyone's comfort level. We will be driving for about 3 hours, practice driving in sand, proper steering control, crossing some dunes, and getting you and your vehicle accustomed to off-roading in general. 

By 08:30 we will be heading out towards the last Exit at Al Qudra, where you can inflate the tyres either with your compressor or from the gas station.

See you on the sand tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use