•  

COVID19 Compliant - Intermediate Desert Drive - Area 53 (West) - Dubai - 24 Jul 2020

Emmanuel

21 minutes ago, Xaf said:

@Emmanuel Could not RVSP earlier due to standby. They confirmed the duty for Saturday so I can join. If not, I understand that.

Xaf

Sure. See you tomorrow.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:

All, I have 4 pieces of wood that can be used for base of jack. Let me know if anybody wants one, and I can bring along. 

Can i have 1 piece please i bought my 2 tons jack but couldn't find the wooden plate 

• Like (+1) 2

It's all part of the game. 

Tested my tires to the limit today.it was around 9 to 10 psi. Traction was good though but the side wall wasn't good enough to protect. I realized the sweet spot is between 10-12 psi.

Hope i can recover this on warranty.

20200724_223051.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

13 hours ago, Xaf said:

Trip Report from my perspective.

The trip had not started yet and I was asked to help a stuck Range Rover who went camping with his family. (This was the Omen of the day, a day with refusals and stucks)
The Range Rover had a crappy/flingy tow point, I made it clear with the owner that I was willing to help, but on the condition that if there is any damage at my car, that the costs would be on him. He agreed with this and with a gentle tuck I was able to get him out. Please be strong in this, because most of the times these guys are with friends and they all know it better and screaming next to car, YALLA YALLA YALLA.

As I said, the first stuck was the omen of the day. Many refusals and stucks, but no shame. Due to the rain last week the terrain was not forgiving. Nevertheless I find that everybody was doing well. 

@Kalahari gave a good example what you should do if you can't make the criss cross, steer down and make a loop, gain momentum and try again. It should be obvious for the person behind that he should wait, but always announce it on the radio, so that the preceding and follower know what your intentions are. (Kalahari, this is not directed to you, but as a general note to everybody) @Rinelle Sanaani @Tbone , I debriefed you both about this.

In general to all drivers, try to think as a group. If the convoy is not moving in front of you and the cars are coming from behind, try to imagine if there will be enough space for them. If space is available, move yourself, if not, please announce it on the radio so they will wait until the convoy is moving again. In these high dunes we often have no vision what is happening in front of us. 

@Febin Frederic was unfortunate today with a flat tire. I think you cut your sidewall on a bush or stone somewhere. It can happen to everybody. But please first thing you should do, is to find the correct size lug wrench. (we were lucky we had the correct size for you) You have a perfect spare wheel with same tire, not really useful without a lug wrench. 

So to everybody, check your tools, does your wrench fit on your lug nuts? Don't assume it will!

@Kalahari @Najeeb Mohammed @Febin Frederic @Rinelle Sanaani @Tbone You drove all well this morning, I liked what I've seen. Little bit fine tuning, little bit more trust what your car can do, feeling of how much momentum you need, again, it is summer and the terrain is not forgiving. 

@Colin Jordan @Michael sammy @Brette I think you were all doing well with Colin the least struggling and Brette was left with a chewed up track. Poor black stallion.

@EmmanuelThank you for the drive today.

@Michael sammy and @Tbone My apologies again for a bit impatient with the stuck of Michael. I was getting hungry and when I am hungry I am not the same Xaf. Due to the heat and time, I did not take time to explain why I wanted that you pull him from the front. To clarify to everyone, it was possible from both sides, 50/50 in my opinion, but due to other cars around and instead of pulling first in reverse and then try again to get over the ridge, it makes more sense to just pull the car out of the shit, instead of dealing with the shit twice. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. :)

Xaf

IMG_3820.JPG

Thank u @Emmanuel for the level up hyperadrenaline trail today.. it was an enjoyable  heart stumping  first intermediate drive for me.

Thank u @Xaf for the learnings and tips today.. i love ur luffy (one piece ) flag though.. it looks really cool.. 

10 hours ago, Febin Frederic said:

It's all part of the game. 

Tested my tires to the limit today.it was around 9 to 10 psi. Traction was good though but the side wall wasn't good enough to protect. I realized the sweet spot is between 10-12 psi.

Hope i can recover this on warranty.

20200724_223051.jpg

@Febin Frederic so sad to hear that.. il keep the 10 to 12 psi in mind... 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use