•  
Advertise here

Changing from HT road tires to AT

I might have spoke too soon ... had an issue with the Mastercraft  tyre , it just busted in the middle of a normal drive around the bridge .. my garage is still figuring out how ..and it is not repairable apparently .. such a bummer 

Screenshot_20200719-204541_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-204533_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 3
  • WOW (+2) 3

7 minutes ago, J J said:

I might have spoke too soon ... had an issue with the Mastercraft  tyre , it just busted in the middle of a normal drive around the bridge .. my garage is still figuring out how ..and it is not repairable apparently .. such a bummer 

Screenshot_20200719-204541_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-204533_WhatsApp.jpg

How much tyre pressure do you normally put ? With this hot weather maybe it got too high ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

My garage guy says it's the most rubbish tyre just because it's cheap.. well.. I l try t get more info .. so hold your horses

Just now, Frederic said:

How much tyre pressure do you normally put ? With this hot weather maybe it got too high ?

Normal at 35 psi .. I cannot deny .. I saw some sort of debris on the road at the time and I ran on it and then this happened 

• Confused (0) 2
  • Sad (0) 2

42 minutes ago, J J said:

My garage guy says it's the most rubbish tyre just because it's cheap.. well.. I l try t get more info .. so hold your horses

Normal at 35 psi .. I cannot deny .. I saw some sort of debris on the road at the time and I ran on it and then this happened 

Any update sir @J J

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

3 hours ago, J J said:

Such a shame..hope u r safe mate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

On 7/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, Wrangeld said:

Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015

The Yokohoma’s Geolandar line-up is the most reliable and adaptable all-terrain line-up of the tyre, and its newest addition is Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015. The G015 was manufacture to supplant the first AT-S that is at present a top-rated model in its very own right, the new G015 is made to up the overall performance in a few key zones.

Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 utilizes an intense Enduro all-season tread design that incorporates orange oil and one of a kind cutting edge polymers that are intended to convey expanded footing on rough terrain, as well as have a longer enduring treadwear.

This model is intended to give you a more lovely driving experience than you may suspect. Triple 3-D sipes prompt expanded footing on wet or snowy roadways. Yokohama engineers made these sipes to change their shape as the tyre starts wearing out so as to keep on boosting footing and safety.

This new model handles ice surprisingly better than the more seasoned AT-S. Actually, Yokohama expresses that snow braking and overall handling of the vehicle on the snow is improved over 25% in comparison to A/T-S. [Still waiting for opportunities to take advantage of this here in UAE!]

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S G012

The Geolandar A/T-S G012 is entirely developed for splendid off-road experience thus giving the amazing off-road ability to 4X4. This tyre is truly a competent rough terrain tyre for regular driving.

The Geolandar A/T-S gives great off-road experience without prompting excessive noise or discomfort. 

Pros and cons

Here are some of the key pros and cons of both of the tyres:

Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015

• Amazing footing on both on and off-road
  • Better performance in winter conditions
  • Prompts well-mannered highway driving
  • Longer enduring tread life
  • Is not an ideal tyre for seriously muddy conditions

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S G012

• Responsive Steering
  • Amazing off-road traction & durability
  • Longer lifespan of the tread
  • Amazing comfort level
  • Cornering while at high speed can be a bit soft

So maybe the differences are very slight and I should just go for the A/T instead? 

This is what i am confused of since last few days.

I was planning to change my super good onroad tyre Michelin Primacy SUV to an All-terrain one. 

The options which i had was:

1. Geolandar G012 AT-S
2. Cooper Discoverer AT3
3. Kumo Roadventure AT51
4. Dunlop Grandtrek  AT22

Finally decided to go for The Geolandar G012, Found G012 AT-S Japan (2019) & G015 Thailand (2020) in Sharjah for almost same price and the shop guys are saying go for G015 as G012 is discontinued, it will be difficult later if a spare one is required. 

Any difference between Thailand & Japan made 

Now the confusion is between these two

Help required :) 

• Like (+1) 2

@J J sad and truly shocked to see such incident. Glad you and Jeep are fine. Keep us updated.

@Nivin If you drive a lot then 2019, if not then 2020 will be fetch additional 1 year of RTA passing.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

20 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@J J sad and truly shocked to see such incident. Glad you and Jeep are fine. Keep us updated.

@Nivin If you drive a lot then 2019, if not then 2020 will be fetch additional 1 year of RTA passing.

@Gaurav 2019 is G012 and 2020 is G015

Also any difference between Japan & Thailand makes?

• Like (+1) 2