•  
Advertise here

Dash mount recommended for Pajero 2010

I have acquired about 5 different dash mounts for a phone holder/ go-pro over the years all of which are useless. Looking for a recommendation for a mount which can be positioned sufficiently out of the direct sun to prevent phone failure or melting the mount... both of which have happened. The air vent mounts are too close to the steering wheel and make visibility and using hand controls awkward. The suction mounts don't seem to like the curved pajero dash and the magnetic holders never seem to hold on off road terrain. Advice welcomed!

• Like (+1) 2

Try this Promate Dashboard Mount and you will be happy, its really good quality with really strong magnet.

It's glue failed once last year and reported to promate and they send me free replacement and this new one is still going strong.

I'm using this in Pajero for offroad with heavy Samsung note for taking pictures and videos.

https://www.promate.net/products/magmount-4?variant=9176888213569

MagMount-4 Blue

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you for the recommendation! I'll order one for myself :) Do you have any problem with it overheating in the sun due to the position on long drives? 

Edited by Lisa Pemberton
Forgot to add a note
  • Like (+1) 3

Not if I am driving with AC on.

In some offroad drives, as we push too much so I switch off the AC and in those drives, phone do overheat, both iPhone and Samsung so its more of an ambient temperature than the mount or phone fault.

But it never heated while on highway, as im always using the AC on tarmac.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

There was one Carrefour selling. It is just 12.5AED. Very cheap plastic one. I am using one in my wife`s car for 1.5 year no fail. Another one i used on my Jeep for 13 months no fail as well. While i am selling the Jepp i forget to remove it. Yesterday i looked to find one more but i couldn't. If you can find i strongly recommend. First time i saw something that cheap really works better than the expensive ones. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I have a heavy brick for a GPS, I used different mounts and nothing lasted me more than 2 months. I was introduced to RAM Mounts by one of my friends only available through USA. Used desert cart to get one and happily using for past 6 years without any trouble. I would recommend RAM Mounts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

I have a heavy brick for a GPS, I used different mounts and nothing lasted me more than 2 months. I was introduced to RAM Mounts by one of my friends only available through USA. Used desert cart to get one and happily using for past 6 years without any trouble. I would recommend RAM Mounts.

Still using the 376c I see

• Haha (+1) 1

I've heard of these - are they super expensive? Wondering if I wait to buy in the US when/if I ever get to travel again after covid!

• Like (+1) 2

@Lisa Pemberton unluckily I tried to buy one there but they don't have it available at any of the shops. Only possibility was online, but US site wants me to enter ZIP code and US card details, they don't accept foreign cards. Same problem I have filling up at US petrol stations, I can't pay at the machine and have to walk in and pay to the attendant. So I ordered through desert cart. The one I got cost me AED 110 including shipping. It took 45 days to receive. But for 6 years it's the best decision I made. RAM Mounts are really good.

• Like (+1) 1