•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 24 Jul 2020

Gaurav

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED NOW

Here is the final convoy list

1. Gaurav                           C     Silver Pajero
  2. Jun Zamora                    F     Green Wrangler
  3. Kieran McKeown            N     Silver Renault Duster
  4. Lisa Pemberton              N     Black Pajero
  5. Veedooshee                   N     White Pajero
  6. Sreejith Sreenivasan      N     Land Rover LR2
  7. Islam Hassan                 AN   Black Dodge Ram
  8. sertac                             I       Xterra
  9. luwaimn                         F      White Prado
  10. Sheri                                N      white pajero
  11. Hennie Schoeman        AN    Jeep Wrangler 2017
  12. Onlyjunaid
  13. topgear                          N     FJ Cruiser
  14. Nivin                               F     Blue Xterra

@Jun Zamora @Kieran McKeown @Lisa Pemberton @Veedooshee @Sreejith Sreenivasan @Islam Hassan @sertac @luwaimn @Hennie Schoeman @Onlyjunaid @topgear @Nivin @sheri

Please start 10 minutes earlier as per Google maps direction, as TAWI NIZWA U-Turn is closed due to roadworks, so you have to take u-turn just before badayer, that will cause 10 mins delay.

Please be on time, sharp at 5 AM, little early is always better.

Please tune to Carnity Channel 1 - 446.006'25 freq and deflate your tires to 15 PSI as soon as you reach to the meeting point.

Be inside your car - AT ALL TIMES - after the deflation.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@sheri welcome back.

Please read and comply with this full drive post as you have joined after a long gap.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

What a ride!!!😊

I had another amazing morning drive at the pink rock led by @Gaurav. It was a really enjoyable pace drive with its own challenges and am sure we have all learnt a lot today as well. Really well driven everyone! We made it to the top of Pink rock and back down through some more technical dunes and slightly faster pace very nicely.  As @Gaurav said on the radio, he was trying some difficult dunes to take the chance to see if we can manage. I am happy that the whole team managed beautifully today.

Thank you so much @Gaurav for this fantastic drive..great guidance..and help always..

Special thanks to @sertac for helping with the refusals as well as keeping an eye on the convoy.. 

Also thanks to @Nivin for being the sweep today and keeping the convoy together...

Kudos to the whole team, keep going...👍

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Really enjoyed today, learning so much each time I drive about how the Pajero handles in sand. Got a double arm workout this week wrestling with the steering wheel on that side dune refusal and a nice face and carful of sand for leaving my driver's window open 🤦‍♀️. Thanks @Gaurav and @sertac for digging me out and explaining very clearly how I need to respond in these situations. Looking forward to the next one!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Great drive today. Thanks @Gaurav for showing us the way especially the area behind the Pink Rock. The flow was great and it was really enjoyable. Thanks @Nivinfor making some observations and sharing some driving tips. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Sorry again for my late arrival and a big thank you to @Gaurav for letting me join the formation in my little Duster. Another great day of learning on the dunes and the views of Pink Rock were truly stunning. I’m hooked! 

Quick question: Who should I contact to be added to the WhatsApp group for venue announcements? 

Edited by Kieran McKeown
Additional question
  • Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use