•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 24 Jul 2020

Gaurav

@sertac Thank you, I appreciate the support and encouragement brother 🙏 

Edited by Lisa Pemberton
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 7/24/2020 at 12:08 PM, Lisa Pemberton said:

Really enjoyed today, learning so much each time I drive about how the Pajero handles in sand. Got a double arm workout this week wrestling with the steering wheel on that side dune refusal and a nice face and carful of sand for leaving my driver's window open 🤦‍♀️. Thanks @Gaurav and @sertac for digging me out and explaining very clearly how I need to respond in these situations. Looking forward to the next one!

I know exactly what you mean... with time I think we start collaborating with the car better...and also under the great guidance and with the motivation we got this! 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi everyone, 

It seems from @Gaurav post that the drive was awesome, However, how much I wished to be part of the convoy and enjoying the off-road journey as well but unfortunately, I have been eliminated due to non-compliance of the rear tow hook hitch of my RAM, so next time I shall get all gear ready for the lovely adventure.

See you soon,  

Edited by Islam Hassan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

3 hours ago, Islam Hassan said:

Hi everyone, 

It seems from @Gaurav post that the drive was awesome, However, how much I wished to be part of the convoy and enjoying the off-road journey as well but unfortunately, I have been eliminated due to non-compliance of the rear tow hook hitch of my RAM, so next time I shall get all gear ready for the lovely adventure.

See you soon,  

I fully understand your feelings, but please go through below roles and responsibilities and also watch the video that shows what happens when tow point fails.

You need rated and good brand hitch hook for your Dodge Ram. Something like this.

https://www.aceuae.com/en-AE/bushranger-recovery-hitch-hooks-with-shackle-silver/285633.html

@Denizzalbayrak bought one too recently for his trailblazer, maybe he can share some points.

• Sad (0) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Yesterday's drive was one of the best drives I've had so far. Having made 3 climbs on the playground—me and my daughters really enjoyed it.

Big thanks to  @Gaurav  for your generosity in allowing us to play more and leading us to those side sloping thrills. Your calmness and patience in giving instructions really gave us more confidence in braving the different challenges.

It was a pleasure being your second lead. Really looking forward to join in our next fewbie drives!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

On 7/25/2020 at 12:58 AM, Kieran McKeown said:

Quick question: Who should I contact to be added to the WhatsApp group for venue announcements? 

We usually add the mobile number listed in your profile. In case it is different, then you can send the your whatsapp number to @Asif Hussain (050 6990411) to be added in the whatsapp notification list.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:12 AM, Islam Hassan said:

Thanks @Gaurav for guiding and sharing the above useful video and the link for the hitch hook. Also, Thank you for giving me the chance to educate myself on this kinda stuff. I am looking forward to joining the next newbie drives.

Hi @Islam Hassan

I bought receiver and pin from Ace. Hitch receiver is Bush Ranger and the pin is Reese. Just check your hitch size before you go to Ace to make sure you buy the right size. As far as I know there are 2 different size only. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use