•  

A different type of off-roading

Rahimdad

Ah yes the wonderful Salukis. I can proudly say that i am being owned by two of them.

-Incredibly lazy during the day.

- Incredibly fast once they get going.

- Incredibly gentle, graceful, and often also goofy and playful in the case of my youngest Saluki, Reema.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

We have something like this in Ireland called hare coursing. Release the hare then the dog chases it. The aim is for the dog to get in front of the hare and turn it in the opposite direction before the end of the field rather than catch it. Hares are endangered so it was outlawed a while back but there are still some people who do it using hares or rabbits or whatever they can snare, the same kind of people who still do cock fighting. They mostly use Irish Lurcher dogs. They’re like a cold weather version of Salukis. Same temperament, similar shape but a bit beefier and a bit hairier. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

Poor hare. 

Indeed. I don’t believe in killing something unless you’re going to eat it. Chasing it for fun is even worse. It’s tantamount to torture. Even then it should be killed humanely as possible. Even cockroaches I try to catch and put it outside. But, some people aren’t capable of empathy. It’s sad but that’s the way the world is. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

On 7/23/2020 at 10:00 PM, Barry said:

Indeed. I don’t believe in killing something unless you’re going to eat it. Chasing it for fun is even worse. It’s tantamount to torture. Even then it should be killed humanely as possible. Even cockroaches I try to catch and put it outside. But, some people aren’t capable of empathy. It’s sad but that’s the way the world is. 

Same pinch bro. I also put the cockroaches outside and don't try to kill any insect/animal knowingly.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use