•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 1 Aug 2020

Frederic

David & Goliath

It's been a while since I drove in an Absolute Newbie drive. It's amazing that 8 months ago, me and @Jeepie sat anxiously in out TJ waiting for the drive to start and having no idea what was to come. Yes, I have driven off road a lot in Europe, but mud and water are quite different to sand. 

Watching a new crop of potential leaders starting their carnity journey was amazing, from the first tentative meters of 'wow, this sand is really slippy' to getting over and through the first crest and then driving in the desert tracks for a few hours reminded me of the absolute elation I felt then that I had found my 'thing'. 

Eight months later I am planning and leading drives. Guys, each one of you has the potential to be the next Carnity leader and find yourself buzzing through the desert helping out with recoveries and stucks.   

@Ashok chaturvedi what a brilliant day to follow. You really did well. @mathewjo you need to understand that the car is a lot less scred then you. @Ashy you drive a veritable beast - if the electronics can be sorted, you'll find it less challenging. 

Four jeeps - OK I am a little biased. @Arun Mathew @muzamil hussain @Andrei @Kailas little jeeps can be simply the most fun out there. You probably noticed, ours is totally unmodified: so it ours can make it, so can yours!

And then came the big boys. @Ajiesh George Kannankara taking a Y62 into the dunes - all that power well managed. @Jinesh Thomas I think you had a lot of fun once you realised that the FJ is really capable. @Sajit Modiyil like Freddie says, you need less pressure in the tires, then that Xterra (a Nismo - no less I noticed) will be crusing through the sand with ease. 

And then there's @Erwin van Helden The name translates from the original Dutch to 'from heroes' and frankly taking your H2 out and handling like you did, there's something in your blood because of that name. Yes, you gave me and the TJ our moment of pleasure in the David & Goliath battle to free you from the sand, but otherwise you drove faultlessly and I am waiting for your return to see more of what that monster can do. 

Have a lovely week. 

See you soon in the sand. 

Edited by Wrangeld
  • Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:45 AM, Frederic said:

I hope all you guys had a good drive and initiation to desert driving. There is lots more fun to follow on the next drives. My main recommendation to all you guys is to practice deflation, test the accuracy of your pressure gauges by comparing with the gas station pump, to make sure 15psi is really 15psi and not 19psi. (BIG difference). Unfortunately many gauges are not very accurate, and it does not hurt sometimes to bring a second (different brand, type) gauge to double check.

@Lisa Pemberton and @Kieran McKeown please follow above idea to practice deflation at fuel station.

• Like (+1) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

21 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

David & Goliath

It's been a while since I drove in an Absolute Newbie drive. It's amazing that 8 months ago, me and @Jeepie sat anxiously in out TJ waiting for the drive to start and having no idea what was to come. Yes, I have driven off road a lot in Europe, but mud and water are quite different to sand. 

Watching a new crop of potential leaders starting their carnity journey was amazing, from the first tentative meters of 'wow, this sand is really slippy' to getting over and through the first crest and then driving in the desert tracks for a few hours reminded me of the absolute elation I felt then that I had found my 'thing'. 

Eight months later I am planning and leading drives. Guys, each one of you has the potential to be the next Carnity leader and find yourself buzzing through the desert helping out with recoveries and stucks.   

@Ashok chaturvedi what a brilliant day to follow. You really did well. @mathewjo you need to understand that the car is a lot less scred then you. @Ashy you drive a veritable beast - if the electronics can be sorted, you'll find it less challenging. 

Four jeeps - OK I am a little biased. @Arun Mathew @muzamil hussain @Andrei @Kailas little jeeps can be simply the most fun out there. You probably noticed, ours is totally unmodified: so it ours can make it, so can yours!

And then came the big boys. @Ajiesh George Kannankara taking a Y62 into the dunes - all that power well managed. @Jinesh Thomas I think you had a lot of fun once you realised that the FJ is really capable. @Sajit Modiyil like Freddie says, you need less pressure in the tires, then that Xterra (a Nismo - no less I noticed) will be crusing through the sand with ease. 

And then there's @Erwin van Helden The name translates from the original Dutch to 'from heroes' and frankly taking your H2 out and handling like you did, there's something in your blood because of that name. Yes, you gave me and the TJ our moment of pleasure in the David & Goliath battle to free you from the sand, but otherwise you drove faultlessly and I am waiting for your return to see more of what that monster can do. 

Have a lovely week. 

See you soon in the sand. 

@Wrangeld it was an amazing experience and looking forward to have more fun ahead on the upcoming drives..

• Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use