•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 1 Aug 2020

Frederic

Join us in exploring the Al Qudra Desert to see what's beyond the lakes, and learn the art of offroading at the same time ! This area is a very versatile playground for Absolute Newbies on their first offroad adventure.

If you have already driven in sand before, then you can learn more from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to test your off-road control.

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks.

You can bring your family, friends and kids, but if you are absolute new to sand offroading we advise you to drive alone first to learn off-roading without any distractions.

AN drive 01 aug.jpg

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Why should i join?

• We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques.
  • If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE.
  • This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Can my vehicle do this ?

• This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further.
  • Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any modified vehicle.

Can i bring passengers ?

• Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

Join button.jpg

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity off-road club

When:  01 Aug, 2020 Saturday.

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Al Qudra https://goo.gl/maps/ZgS2Gqam9PcsxWR48

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

End Point: Qudra Parking 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 15 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • 1 Lead Marshal + 2 Senior Members + 12 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

TO RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi all, looking forward to this first drive with you - I'm a fairly experienced desert driver so i'm looking forward to learning about how to join the more advanced drives. See you soon!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Frederik Bisbjerg said:

Hi all, looking forward to this first drive with you - I'm a fairly experienced desert driver so i'm looking forward to learning about how to join the more advanced drives. See you soon!

Welcome to Carnity @Frederik Bisbjerg 
Glad to hear you have prior experience in the desert. Which 4x4 are you driving ? And are the tow points in perfect condition ?

The Absolute Newbie Drive is a drive tailored to drivers who join us for the first time, and allows us to get to know each other and become part of our big family. 
Once you join us for a few drives and declare your previous experience, you will be considered for an upgrade to Fewbie level. We take utmost care of the safety aspect and only promote if we are fully sure the driver understands the fundamentals and executes this as a team player. 

In the meantime please go through the Briefing video and click the totally agree emoji on the COVID-19 precautions post. Our website also contains a massive amount of topics on everything there is to know about off-roading in the UAE.

Looking forward meeting you !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

10 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Welcome to Carnity @Frederik Bisbjerg 
Glad to hear you have prior experience in the desert. Which 4x4 are you driving ? And are the tow points in perfect condition ?

The Absolute Newbie Drive is a drive tailored to drivers who join us for the first time, and allows us to get to know each other and become part of our big family. 
Once you join us for a few drives and declare your previous experience, you will be considered for an upgrade to Fewbie level. We take utmost care of the safety aspect and only promote if we are fully sure the driver understands the fundamentals and executes this as a team player. 

In the meantime please go through the Briefing video and click the totally agree emoji on the COVID-19 precautions post. Our website also contains a massive amount of topics on everything there is to know about off-roading in the UAE.

Looking forward meeting you !

Hi Frederic, thanks for your reply - I've just bought a second-hand 2020 Wrangler Sahara in good condition, so it has the two tow hooks on the front and a rated recovery point on the back alongside the standard recovery point

I've been driving LandCruisers and Patrol Y61s before, so this is the first time I'm taking a Jeep off-road, and only my second time driving in the UAE desert

Looking much forward to meeting you all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hi. Just joined the club and just bought my first Wrangler so I think I qualify for the absolute newbie  :) Can you please put me on the guest list? I am going to join the drive however, please clarify if it is on Friday or Saturday. Also, I would appreciate some advice on where to get a walkie talkie that meets the requirements of the group. Cheers

I am driving a 2014 wrangler, 2.5" liftkit, manual

I have the stock towing hook in the back but apparently nothing in front. Doing a research now to see how to add the towing hooks in front 

Edited by Andrei
forgotten info
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Andrei said:

Hi. Just joined the club and just bought my first Wrangler so I think I qualify for the absolute newbie  :) Can you please put me on the guest list? I am going to join the drive however, please clarify if it is on Friday or Saturday. Also, I would appreciate some advice on where to get a walkie talkie that meets the requirements of the group. Cheers

I am driving a 2014 wrangler, 2.5" liftkit, manual

I have the stock towing hook in the back but apparently nothing in front. Doing a research now to see how to add the towing hooks in front 

Welcome to Carnity Off-road Club @Andrei !

You can RSVP on the drive as soon as you have the front towpoints sorted. In the meantime you can go through our video briefing and also click « totally agree emoji » on the COVID-19 precautions post. 

With regards to the radio, you can head over to Dragon Mart and get yourself a Crony/Motorola MT777 or a Baofeng UV5R. We have a tutorial on how to program these here below:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

58 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Welcome to Carnity Off-road Club @Andrei !

You can RSVP on the drive as soon as you have the front towpoints sorted. In the meantime you can go through our video briefing and also click « totally agree emoji » on the COVID-19 precautions post. 

With regards to the radio, you can head over to Dragon Mart and get yourself a Crony/Motorola MT777 or a Baofeng UV5R. We have a tutorial on how to program these here below:

Hi, is there any easy way to find the radios in DragonMart? It'll my first time visiting the place and it looks huge...

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Frederik Bisbjerg said:

Hi, is there any easy way to find the radios in DragonMart? It'll my first time visiting the place and it looks huge...

Thanks!

Ask the Dragon Mart reception and they can pin point exact area and shops. There are over 20-30 shops selling these radio

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use