•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 1 Aug 2020

Frederic

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

Welcome to the club @Kailas

Kindly introduce yourself with the following information:

1) Which 4x4 are you driving ?

2) Any prior off-roading experience ?

3) Are the vehicle’s front and rear towpoints in perfect condition ?

Please go through the drive post and click on the “totally agree”Emoji in the COVID-19 Precautions post.

The video briefing is also a Must Watch. Take your time to watch it as this video has replaced our verbal briefings. 

Hi @Frederic,

I will be driving 2019 jeep Wrangler sport 2door.

I do not have any prior off roading experience.

The front and rear towpoints are in perfect condition.

I understand from the post's that for first ride only the tyre deflator and pressure gauge is required. I will be getting them soon .

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi @Erwin van Heldenwelcome to Carnity Off-road Club !

Kindly introduce yourself with the following information:

2) Any prior off-roading experience ?

3) Are the vehicle’s front and rear towpoints in perfect condition ?

Please go through the drive post and click on the “totally agree”Emoji in the COVID-19 Precautions post.

The video briefing is also a Must Watch. Take your time to watch it as this video has replaced our verbal briefings. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for the message.

This is my first time coming to the dessert. Previous time my car showed cooling issues and Covid-19 stopped any next training. 

I drive a Hummer H2 with a super charger. It's a beast, but it's not new anymore. Tow points are perfect.

I will bring some new bought equipment, including a flag, second hand walkie talkie, ARB compressor, Deflator and shovel. 

I will also bring a friend who will be my passenger, but is eager to join with his own car in the future if this works out.

Do we get a briefing before we start driving?

Thanks,

Erwin van Helden

+971 56 99 80582

PS Where to find the video?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Erwin van Helden said:

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for the message.

This is my first time coming to the dessert. Previous time my car showed cooling issues and Covid-19 stopped any next training. 

I drive a Hummer H2 with a super charger. It's a beast, but it's not new anymore. Tow points are perfect.

I will bring some new bought equipment, including a flag, second hand walkie talkie, ARB compressor, Deflator and shovel. 

I will also bring a friend who will be my passenger, but is eager to join with his own car in the future if this works out.

Do we get a briefing before we start driving?

Thanks,

Erwin van Helden

+971 56 99 80582

PS Where to find the video?

Hi @Erwin van Helden The Hummer H2 is indeed a mighty big beast. Please check if your 4LO gear works, because recoveries are more difficult with heavy vehicles. I hope your overheating issues are solved as driving offroad in the summer season requires a vehicle in perfect technical condition.

You will find the complete drive topic and NEWBIE BRIEFING VIDEO  in the post below:

Please take your time to go through it as this has replaced our verbal briefing. We will do a smaller briefing over the radio tomorrow before starting the drive.

Dear @Ashok chaturvedi Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

As you are joining us for the first time, please introduce yourselves with the following info:

2) Any prior offroad experience ?

3) Are the vehicle's front and back towpoints in perfect condition ?

In the meantime please look at the Video Briefing, and click on the "totally agree" emoji in the Covid 19 Precautions Topic. 

See you soon !

• Like (+1) 1

Frederic,

Thanks. The cooling systems has been fixed. Recently I also replaced the fuel pump.

Car has been extensively checked. I believe everything is good now.

The proof of the pudding remains in the eating. I am indeed a bit nervous, although I checked all.

I will check again the 4LO and watching the video now.

Erwin

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Erwin van Helden said:

Frederic,

Thanks. The cooling systems has been fixed. Recently I also replaced the fuel pump.

Car has been extensively checked. I believe everything is good now.

The proof of the pudding remains in the eating. I am indeed a bit nervous, although I checked all.

I will check again the 4LO and watching the video now.

Erwin

Thanks @Erwin van Helden no need to be nervous, you will be joining a Car Community and Offroad Family. In the history of the club we have NEVER left anyone behind in the desert, and always do our very best to make the drive comfortable and enjoyable as per your drive level you are joining. 

See you on Saturday !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

10 minutes ago, Andrei said:

One last question: I saw somewhere that the trip is Friday 1st August. Now, Friday is the 31 July. Can you please clarify when is the trip? Friday or Saturday? Thanks in advance

Hi @Andrei the drive is on Saturday morning. Where did you see the reference to Friday ?

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Frederic, 

Thanks for your message and glad to be part of the team for 1 August

I done some of the fun rallies GN and KT in the past plus some social visits to the desert with friends, cant say if I am good but can manage  through dunes through acceleration  with 4H and some diff lock ( not so great and need more practice to get out of the sand).

I have LWB Pajero 2005 model with the front and back duel hooks for the towing. 

Have watched the video and agree with Covid 19 discipline. 

in terms of gear I have the tow rope, Inflator and deflator with gauge, Motorola TLKR T61 W-T, Traction belt, shovel, some other gadgets e.g. tool kit etc. 

I shall be coming with my wife on Saturday. 

Looking ahead. My mobile number is 0506442921. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use