•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Drive - Pink Rock-Big Red - Sharjah - 31 Jul 2020

Emmanuel

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie AND HAVE DONE 5 FEWBIE LEVEL DRIVES WITH CARNITY

When:  31July 2020, Friday.

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: 2nd Dec Cafeteria - https://goo.gl/maps/MxnMF2fHeGnKZ4vf7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

End Point: Badayer

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • 1 Lead Marshal + 1 Senior Members + 10 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

@Yousef Alimadadi since you don’t have 5 drives with Carnity at fewbie level, and you already signed up for another drive at the same time, please sign out of this drive.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Emmanuel said:

@Yousef Alimadadi since you don’t have 5 drives with Carnity at fewbie level, and you already signed up for another drive at the same time, please sign out of this drive.

@Emmanuel, Thank you for your advise, will do :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

RSVP is now closed. 

@Jolly Abraham, @AKR,  @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, @Lucky sAm please don't forget to go through the drive post (including Covid precautions) and to click on “totally agree” 

See you all tomorrow at meeting point. 

Convoy numbering:

1. Emmanuel 

2. Jolly Abraham

3. RohanH

4. Jorge

5. Lucky Sam

6. AKR 

Radio Chanel
We will be using Carnity Channel #4 (446.081.25) so please turn on the radio when you arrive at the deflation point and we will do a radio check at that time and set up the convoy as per above numbering

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

DRIVE REPORT

Since @Lucky sAm had to cancel his participation (we hope that he will recover very soon), we were only 5 cars. Of course we love to have long convoys, but from time to time it's also nice to enjoy that kind of sweet little drive. Thanks @Jolly Abraham, @RohanH, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe and @AKR for managing very well and making this drive smooth and fun. 

All 4 cars were already waiting at 2nd December Cafeteria when I arrived about 10 minutes before meeting time, and most of them were already deflated, ready to move. After a quick briefing, as the daylight was on his way, we started gently heading to Pink rock, then, increasing the pace a bit, we found ourselves at the rear of Big Red in no time. After playing a bit on this lovely set of high dunes, we reached Big Red, and everyone reached the top from the back side, including @Jolly Abraham, my excellent second lead, who always impresses me with his 2.7L Fortuner. Unfortunately, we had to exit @AKR, who was sweeping, at Badayer, because his transmission was overheating and didn't cool down after he switched off the engine for some time. We headed back, in direction of Pink Rock with an even smaller convoy of 4 cars. It was a perfect opportunity to increase the pace and get closer to the intermediate level, which we gradually did as everyone seemed to me comfortable. @RohanH, who clearly gained some confidence since last time I saw him driving, only had a few refusals and one cresting during the all drive. Well done ! @Jorge Stepniak Felippe didn't struggle at all, I guess. Maybe he would just need a bit of practice in crisscrossing. Well, his LR4 wouldn't exactly agree on this last point : while we were getting closer to Pink Rock at good speed, Jorge announced on radio that his lateral airbags had deployed. Probably the car computer misread what is actually supposed to happen during a crisscross : a quick change in angles. Now you understand Jorge why in our newbie briefing, we ask drivers to disable the SRS. Sorry that you learnt it the hard way... After this incident, as it was almost time, I decided to finish the drive at slower pace and to exit at Nazwa. In spite of AKR's transmission overheating and Jorge's airbag incident, it's been a very nice drive. Congratulations everyone. Hasta la vista.    

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Thanks you @Emmanuel for the wonderful drive. It was well organised drive.I was in a bit of thoughts on how will the fewbie plus goes as it was my first drive. But later got more confident and comfortable with it,

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use