•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Drive - Pink Rock-Big Red - Sharjah - 31 Jul 2020

Emmanuel

1 hour ago, Emmanuel said:

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe didn't struggle at all, I guess. Maybe he would just need a bit of practice in crisscrossing. Well, his LR4 wouldn't exactly agree on this last point : while we were getting closer to Pink Rock at good speed, Jorge announced on radio that his lateral airbags had deployed. Probably the car computer misread what is actually supposed to happen during a crisscross : a quick change in angles. Now you understand Jorge why in our newbie briefing, we ask drivers to disable the SRS. 

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe it's really sad to hear that LR4 airbag has popped on the criss-crosing, I hope insurance or warranty can cover this or else they must be expensive to repair.

Just few days back we were discussing this internally that how to emphasis on video briefing because now with COVID we cannot do the live briefing like before.

Can you please give us your feedback on the video briefing:

• Have you seen the video briefing and was it clear that you supposed to disable SRS?
  • OR was it confusing or not clear and we need to improve that area to emphasize more?
  • OR disabling the SRS in LR4 isn't easy and you were thinking on installing a kill switch?

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

22 hours ago, Gaurav said:

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe it's really sad to hear that LR4 airbag has popped on the criss-crosing, I hope insurance or warranty can cover this or else they must be expensive to repair.

Just few days back we were discussing this internally that how to emphasis on video briefing because now with COVID we cannot do the live briefing like before.

Can you please give us your feedback on the video briefing:

• Have you seen the video briefing and was it clear that you supposed to disable SRS?
  • OR was it confusing or not clear and we need to improve that area to emphasize more?
  • OR disabling the SRS in LR4 isn't easy and you were thinking on installing a kill switch?

Hi @Gaurav, it was really surprising what happened as it wasn’t any big impact or move, but I guess the car was overreacting to a potential risk… luckily I have off road insurance cover and in the process of getting the unknown traffic accident police report given that there was no other car involved

I honestly don't remember about disabling SRS and didn't see the video briefing, can you please send me the link? I always read the instructions and give the agree emoji but never noticed that there is a video. It should definitely be more emphasized

I don’t think it is easy to disable SRS in the LR4 (it is easy to disable for the passenger side) and I saw posts in the community that it might invalidate the insurance or warranty if you install a kill switch

• Thanks @Emmanuel for a great morning in the desert. The most beautiful place I visited with Carnity. Now dealing with insurance company to get things fixed
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Thanks @Jorge Stepniak Felippe for your feedback, I think you must have joined Carnity and attended the physical briefing (pre-COVID) in which we always use to emphasize on disabling airbags and all traction aids.

Here is the video now we use for all newbie briefings.

Chapter 1: 00:48 Sec

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

54 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks @Jorge Stepniak Felippe for your feedback, I think you must have joined Carnity and attended the physical briefing (pre-COVID) in which we always use to emphasize on disabling airbags and all traction aids.

Here is the video now we use for all newbie briefings.

Chapter 1: 00:48 Sec

Thanks Gaurav, saw my car in the "stuck" section of the video! I suggest that you emphasize the message of disabling the air bag and also show an example because it looks like you need to press button but it is more complicated than that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use