•  
Advertise here

How often do you wash/clean you car?

topgear

Prior to the pandemic, I used to get it cleaned it whenever the car is dirty, in particular the interior as the exterior gets dusty quite quickly. 

Now that I have started off-roding, I am fine to enjoy the desert drives and drive around with some sand in the car during the weekdays. I just realised that the car may never get washed in perpetuity.  I am curious what do the regulars do and how do you maintain a 'balance'. 

• Like (+1) 2

My jeep gets cleaned by the garage whenever it goes for a service. Other than that ... never. Having said that, it's a Jeep, so that could be a weekly wash some times 😂

Personally, I am a believer in the theory that the most important bits of the car to clean and maintain are the insides (mechanically). Your car is highly unlikely to suffer from rust here and sand is not as damaging to the vehicle as the salt deposits with which they spray the roads in Europe. 

As you have an FJ you probably drive with the airco on and windows closed - so the dust inside your car is probably just that and I can imagine you would like to clear it out from time to time. Again, the garage does vacuum the car when it is serviced but frankly a week out in the dunes and they might as well not have bothered. 

It's a big advantage that the car is not my daily driver. If it was, I would probably be cleaning it every two to three weeks (which sadly and strangely is just about the regularity it's been in the garage recently ...)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

My jeep gets cleaned by the garage whenever it goes for a service. Other than that ... never. Having said that, it's a Jeep, so that could be a weekly wash some times 😂

Personally, I am a believer in the theory that the most important bits of the car to clean and maintain are the insides (mechanically). Your car is highly unlikely to suffer from rust here and sand is not as damaging to the vehicle as the salt deposits with which they spray the roads in Europe. 

As you have an FJ you probably drive with the airco on and windows closed - so the dust inside your car is probably just that and I can imagine you would like to clear it out from time to time. Again, the garage does vacuum the car when it is serviced but frankly a week out in the dunes and they might as well not have bothered. 

It's a big advantage that the car is not my daily driver. If it was, I would probably be cleaning it every two to three weeks (which sadly and strangely is just about the regularity it's been in the garage recently ...)

Jeep life :D My Jeep was the same it was getting washed by mechanic only. It was going frequent enough to garage i wasn't need to get it washed. 

@topgear I guess you should get your car washed every 2 weeks. It depends also how dirty it is. In the area i am living lots of construction going on so car is getting dirty quickly. Before i was living in Marina having fully closed parking space. I needed to wash the car only once a month. Also don`t forget to get under wash time to time. Its good to remove all the dirt and mud under the car. 

• Like (+1) 4

I do once in a week body wash + and just water clean inside the engine bay due to lot of sand inside since started driving in desert. And I do full wash ( lift the car and doing the complete wash underneath) once in a month. 

• Like (+1) 4

I haven't washed my rental sunny since april. I just roughly dust it off :D

The Range Rover is white and on road only and can easily go without a wash for 10-15 days  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't doubt you. Last time I saw you was when you had the discovery and boy it looked severely abused and beat up and that was just from the outside.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1