•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Maliha - Sharjah - 31 Jul 2020

Gaurav

Thanks @Janarthan for being considerate.

@Nabil Bishara you have been added now for Maliha - 31 July - Morning Newbie drive.

WAIT LIST UPDATED - 29 July, Wed at 7:47 PM

1. @Francois Germishuys  Posted 
  2. @Ahmed Farghaly  Solar Park Wait List - Posted 
  3. @Ahmed Azmy  Posted 
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Like (+1) 1

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED NOW

Here is the final convoy list

1. Gaurav                           C     Silver Pajero
  2. marks                             F     FJC
  3. Islam Hassan                 AN   Black Dodge Ram
  4. Kieran McKeown            N    Silver Renault Duster
  5. Islam Soliman                 N    GMC Yukon
  6. Lisa Pemberton              N     Black Pajero
  7. AviG                                N     Prado
  8. Vineeth John Joseph      N     Xterra
  9. Christian Andras             N     FJC
  10. David Ortells                   N     FJC
  11. Heisem                           N     FJC
  12. Nabil Bishara                  N     Jeep Wrangler
  13. Veedooshee                   N     White Pajero

@marks @Islam Hassan @Kieran McKeown @Islam Soliman @AviG @Vineeth John Joseph @David Ortells @Christian Andras @Heisem @Nabil Bishara @Lisa Pemberton @Veedooshee 

Please be on time, sharp at 5 AM, little early is always better.

Please tune to Carnity Channel 1 - 446.006'25 freq and deflate your tires to 15 PSI as soon as you reach to the meeting point.

Be inside your car - AT ALL TIMES - after the deflation.

6 hours ago, Gaurav said:

@Francois Germishuys, @Ahmed Farghaly @Ahmed Azmy and @Tero Vallas I couldn't accommodate you in this drive as no more drop outs happen before I closed the drive.

Hope to see you guys next week.

• Like (+1) 6

Thank you @Gaurav for a wonderful drive and the expert guidance on how to recover from refusals and stucks. Really enjoyed it. Congratulations @Veedooshee on being promoted to Fewbie. You were second lead on my last drive and sweep today and guided me well! Looking forward to my next drive! 

702AAC0D-8CF4-4988-9E19-1E47D7985C24.jpeg

3E0D2BF0-3EA8-43AD-B564-2DC5BC79C31C.jpeg

07BE35B7-FC0F-4202-948F-E312D1143D09.jpeg

CC162860-95D9-4782-8EA9-6BDF62AC662C.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Every drive is unique!

Today's drive started at the Mahafiz tree entrance ,an area where i have been to and believe me there can never be 2 drives ever alike, it is always so unique and different and when you are led by the legend @Gaurav, trust it to be even trickier but always leaves you the lesson for your future drives.

The trip started with some straight up and down and a few ridge ridings and some sideys as well. In one of the instance, going uphill actually got @Islam Hassan crested and was quickly recovered by @Gaurav and the best part of it is he attempted it again and made it. We continued our way through the dunes where @Gaurav took us to one nice play area. It was actually my first time try at the play area and it was really nice to have enjoyed it today under the great guidance of @Gaurav. Great driving at the play area to all those who attempted it and did really nice job as well! We then moved on to some challenging sideys and it was really pretty nicely done by most of us. Great practice on the sideys and control of that, thank you @Gaurav!

We then drove through the challenging dunes leading to the fossil rock and we made it to the top, enjoyed some nicer breeze (though warm 😉) and some picture time 😊. I was actually impressed with @Kieran McKeown renault duster which was driven and taken to the top by @Gaurav. @Kieran McKeown really kudos for driving that car pretty well. 

We then proceeded downwards through the same challenging dunes and made our way to the exit point.

As i was entrusted with the responsibility of being sweeper today, i hope i have done justice to that position☺️.

Well done to everybody for the fantastic smooth drive despite the challenges!

Thank you @Gaurav for the yet another amazing drive!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks to @Gaurav for another very enjoyable drive with some great views. Very much appreciated my position in the convoy today behind @Islam Soliman I was able to match the path, speed and momentum easily and found myself understanding my Pajero even more today. Today I learned to use less gas than previous weeks and as a result definitely felt the handling to be a lot more stable and am getting more confident. Looking forward to trying the play areas in another drive or two. Some other learnings:

Trying to find a secluded dune for a bio break will result in you walking at least 4 times farther than anticipated and bringing half the desert back in your shoes.

Sometimes there can be miscommunications about lefts and rights, if in doubt come to a complete stop and clarify.

I need extra hands to operate the car, walkie-talkie, camera and hydrate simultaneously.

Having a copilot to take pics, chuckle in relief as @Kieran McKeown and the Duster reverses off a vertical dune and remarkably remains intact and help with deflation, pre drive, is 100 times better than going it alone.

MeanMother air compressor worked a treat! Remote control inflation is the future!

IMG_20200731_162004_654.jpg

IMG-20200731-WA0063.jpg

IMG-20200731-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20200731-WA0061.jpg

IMG-20200731-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20200731-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200731-WA0020.jpg

Edited by Lisa Pemberton
  • Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1