•  
Advertise here

Tire deflator

topgear

I have used them they are excellent and easy to use you can preset the pressure by adjusting one time by lock nut and use it again and again without any problem, no need to worry about monitoring or loosing your air valve. excellent reliable and cost effective

@topgear 

• Like (+1) 2

it consist of cap nut and securing ring adjust desire pressure with the help of cap nut (loosing of capnut reduce the pressure setting and tighting of capnut increase pressure , ) one required pressure is adjusted lock cap nut with securing ring .setting only need to be done first time.

a set of 4 pcs comes in a packet, I adjusted

1.14kg 

2.10kg

3. 30 kg

4. 35 kg 

all marked and painted with different colors for ease of use

no attendace required during deflating

@topgear

I purchase from carefore mall of emirates for below 50 aed for a set of 4pcs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

On 7/27/2020 at 3:00 PM, topgear said:

Now I finally know the secret how come I took so 'long' to air down...

@topgear yep. Stem removal is faster, a little riskier perhaps, but it will please the people you drive with no end. As Gaurav says, once you get the hang of it, it's easier and frankly as accurate as anything else. You'll learn just how many seconds you need to deflate to your chosen pressure, and if you overshoot you can always reinflate. 

BTW I was given a very epxensive set of pressure caps like you showed. Tried using them once and that was enough for me. It takes so long to set up and then if something goes wrong, like you unscrew the wrong piece when removing, you have to set them up again. Now ... 10 seconds per wheel and I am done. 

Edited by Wrangeld
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 minute ago, topgear said:

@Wrangeld looks like i need to learn how to deflate with stem removal

Happy to help if i am on your drive. Any senior will also help you out, like they did for me the first time. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm with Wrangeld. I also was given a set of deflators, the amount of faffing and the time it takes is ridiculous! 

Nothing beats this, the cheapest, simplest and fastest tool hands down.

https://www.amazon.ae/Garneck-السيارات-الشاحنات-الأساسي-الإطارات،/dp/B084RJH4SC/ref=asc_df_B084RJH4SC/?tag=googleshopp09-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=406722604018&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15111790251819978835&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1000011&hvtargid=pla-920112005471&psc=1

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@topgear, personally I had used all kinds of deflating gimmicks, and then, one day, when my latest fancy tool gave up on me, I was given a stem remover (the red ones) with a magnetic hold on the stems. My deflating life has changed since then: I went from being the slowest deflator in the world to a relatively speedy one.

As Fred suggested above, learn how many seconds it will take to deflate to, say 15PSI (depending on how much pressure you start with), then finesse the deflation down to where you want to be (with the FJ I usually stay between 11PSI in the summer and 13PSI in the winter, but this will also depend on your type of tires). You can check the pressure with the use of any digital gauge. Just make sure you double check, and confirm, the accuracy of your gauge, at any gas station (using the gauge Vs. the compressor's measurement).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

I guess just years of doing it you get to know around what psi your tyre is down to by just looking at it before plonking back the stem in and doing the fine adjustment of a few psi with the stem in place.

BTW you guage will work when it's deflating with the valve stem removed invade anyone wasn't aware of it

Biggest issue for me was  I started off working was not deflation but inflation. Because our camp compressor like the ones you see in tyre shops had no gauge just the nozzle. 

So I devised a way so I don't have to keep checking. Just dump some sand on the tyre sidewall as the tyre inflated more and more sand slid off and when  it reached a certain level I knew I was almost done. 

It worked pretty well and was pretty accurate within 2 to 3 psi

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

7 hours ago, desertdude said:

I guess just years of doing it you get to know around what psi your tyre is down to by just looking at it before plonking back the stem in and doing the fine adjustment of a few psi with the stem in place.

BTW you guage will work when it's deflating with the valve stem removed invade anyone wasn't aware of it

Biggest issue for me was  I started off working was not deflation but inflation. Because our camp compressor like the ones you see in tyre shops had no gauge just the nozzle. 

So I devised a way so I don't have to keep checking. Just dump some sand on the tyre sidewall as the tyre inflated more and more sand slid off and when  it reached a certain level I knew I was almost done. 

It worked pretty well and was pretty accurate within 2 to 3 psi

Good idea. I usually look straight at the tire and stop deflating as soon and the “hump” in the tyre starts to disappear. That usually brings me to 30psi, so another 15-20 seconds extra and the gauge shows 35.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 7/27/2020 at 12:52 PM, topgear said:

Is this the quick deflator ?

@Fredericsorry for the noob question. You’ll need to replace the stem after deflation ? Is it a difficult process for technical noob ? 😅

Yes they call it is rapid or easy tyre deflator. You will get lot of video's on you tube. it is quite simple. This works in similar concept of removing valve just an additional process of screwing and unscrewing the deflator gauge to tyre nozzle to remove and fix the valve. 

• Like (+1) 4