•  
Advertise here

How to diagnose/repair Dragon Mart Camel Air Compressor?

sertac

What could be the reason for a compressor to not work? I got Camel double cylinder air compressor from DM. I used it once. I always kept it in the trunk inside its case in secured place. Last time after drive it didnt started at all. What to check or should i consider it trash? I dont think i have an option to go back to DM and asking replacement. I dont have any receipt and i got it from a small counter not from a proper shop. 

• Sad (0) 3

9 minutes ago, sertac said:

What could be the reason for a compressor to not work? I got Camel double cylinder air compressor from DM. I used it once. I always kept it in the trunk inside its case in secured place. Last time after drive it didnt started at all. What to check or should i consider it trash? I dont think i have an option to go back to DM and asking replacement. I dont have any receipt and i got it from a small counter not from a proper shop. 

Ohh. Sorry for this. I am also clue less why my compressor also stopped working suddenly. 

• Like (+1) 2

The first thing that fails are the on/off switches as these are mostly underrated to take the massive currents. These switches can be found for 10 dhs online or in Deira electronic shops. Secondly check the wiring, as it’s soldered inside and due to the heat the soldering gets loose. If you have nothing to lose open up the compressor’s electric box and have a look. With a simple multimeter you’ll be able to check the switch, or just bypass it once to see if it’s the culprit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

6 minutes ago, Frederic said:

The first thing that fails are the on/off switches as these are mostly underrated to take the massive currents. These switches can be found for 10 dhs online or in Deira electronic shops. Secondly check the wiring, as it’s soldered inside and due to the heat the soldering gets loose. If you have nothing to lose open up the compressor’s electric box and have a look. With a simple multimeter you’ll be able to check the switch, or just bypass it once to see if it’s the culprit.

I am not good with electric at all but this could be my chance to open it up and try to understand how electric system works. I will visit Speedex to get a multimeter. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Frederic said:

This will be EID vacation home work. LOL. If this is a success then I will regret for buying the new compressor. 😭

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

The easiest thing to check is a fuse on the wire which normally melts with the heat while operating. Clean up fuse space and put in a bigger fuse and it should be good to go.

Never put in a bigger fuse. The existing fuse is calculated to protect the compressor wiring from burning up. 

25 minutes ago, RohanH said:

This will be EID vacation home work. LOL. If this is a success then I will regret for buying the new compressor. 😭

It never hurts to have a spare compressor. I used to carry always two compressors with me just in case.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just now, sertac said:

I found a cut on the wire. I can see the copper cables inside but looks like those cables still fine. Is this could be the reason? 

If the copper is not damaged you’ll be fine, but put some electrical tape around them. If they touch the chassis of the car you’d have a short circuit 

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the multi-meter and yesterday i decide to check the compressor. I wanted to give it one more try. I connect it and few times i on and off the switch, it start working but this time it was running forever even if i switch it off it is still running. This made me think that switch is the faulty. I check around it but i couldn't find easy way to remove and change the switch. Have you guys know any shop can change it properly? 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use