•  
Advertise here

Air compressor buying choices

RohanH

On 3/10/2020 at 10:05 AM, Shamil said:

i have experimented with the whole onboard compressors for a year and i have quite a bit to share on this. I initially went for a camel chinese compressor and got it wired into the battery through the side panels. The setup was great until i shot the compressor once as i overworked it. After that, I replaced the compressor two more times and i gave up since i wasnt able to identify the reason why the compressors were dyingin this setup. I then went for the bushranger super max (which is not as fast as the camel chinese but way more reliable as it comes with 5 years warranty)and i have been happy ever since. But i now realize that the main culprit was the wire. The most critical element in this setup are the wires as they should deliver the required amperage to your compressor. If the power delivered is not sufficient, your compressor will work but not for long. So bottom line is that you could go for the camel chinese compressors but you will need to ensure that you get the right wires for the setup. My bushranger requires less amps than the camels, so the current wires do a great job, but if i swap it back to camel, then it will eventually die. 

However having said all of this, even though i have not personally used the arb twin pistons, i know that it is the best setup and there is a garage that is running a promotion right now whereby they are providing the unit and installation for 1999.

Today I went to ACE for this Black max.  Price is 799 AED. They said it has 5 years warranty in Australia, but in UAE it is only 1 year.

Then checked Vitaly which is around 340 aed and 6 months warranty. 

I checked the Camel compressor today in ras al khor accessory shop. It is double cylinder costs around 300. It looked sturdy. But it dosen't have any warranty. 

Do you have any idea regarding Dragon mart . Do suppliers give the warranty on Camel compressor?

Edited by RohanH
  • Like (+1) 1

Guys looks like Ace is having the promotion on Bush ranger Super max air compressor. please check the site mentioned below. This is available at 649 and black max is 799. But looks like this super max has higher capacity than black max cheaper by 150 aed. These compressor's have 1 year warranty. My earlier compressor which was very cheaper in price but stopped working in 15 drives. So I really don't to put money on non warranty product. So have already ordered 1 . Lets see when do I get it. 

https://www.aceuae.com/en-AE/bushranger-supermax-air-compressor/238067.html 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Whilst I was researching for air compressors, I wanted something portable and not installed in the vehicle as I do not know whether this hobby will take off or I may end up selling the air compressor. Besides ARB which is expensive, I also came across the Bushranger options. Coincidentally ACE was going promotion and Air Max III was going for AED999.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

39 minutes ago, topgear said:

Whilst I was researching for air compressors, I wanted something portable and not installed in the vehicle as I do not know whether this hobby will take off or I may end up selling the air compressor. Besides ARB which is expensive, I also came across the Bushranger options. Coincidentally ACE was going promotion and Air Max III was going for AED999.

Good choice. A Bushranger compressor will last many years if you take care of it, and will have a good resale value too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi Guys, just read thru all the above comments as im currently looking for a compressor myself as my dragon mart compressor seized up and stopped working due to a leak in the hose. So i checked the below special is this a good unit and i see they say 160LPM which is almost the same as the ARB dual piston  if i have my facts right. so this has a 5 year warranty and its going for AED700 is this a good price? or would you rather take a chance with the dragon mart dual piston? 

100515881_2633154523591087_4251587194302496768_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=rxqyeLM1_owAX9pQeNN&_nc_ht=scontent.ffjr1-4.fna&oh=91a7b61a1f45c0083024b536d82962b1&oe=5F43513E

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

12 minutes ago, Colin Jordan said:

Hi Guys, just read thru all the above comments as im currently looking for a compressor myself as my dragon mart compressor seized up and stopped working due to a leak in the hose. So i checked the below special is this a good unit and i see they say 160LPM which is almost the same as the ARB dual piston  if i have my facts right. so this has a 5 year warranty and its going for AED700 is this a good price? or would you rather take a chance with the dragon mart dual piston? 

100515881_2633154523591087_4251587194302496768_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=rxqyeLM1_owAX9pQeNN&_nc_ht=scontent.ffjr1-4.fna&oh=91a7b61a1f45c0083024b536d82962b1&oe=5F43513E

1. Ravon has very good offer and this has 5 years warranty as well. 

2. Bush ranger from ACE has only 1 year warranty in UAE.

3. Iron man also giving 160 L compressor ( photo attached) @ 799 with digital tyre pressure guage and tyre repair kit. On website it is mentioned as1 year warranty but in shop they are saying 3 years warranty.

Among all these I feel RAVON is good option to buy as it has deflator and high speed as well as 5 years warranty.

image.png.44cb6689ad9a4d0a13992e3db2193d7b.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I will vote for the one who is giving 5 years warranty in writting on the receipt and not in talks, box, stickers or instagram.

TJM and Bushranger both are good off-road brand.

Not sure about Ironman, looks bit shady with epoxy stickers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

A good air compressor is as important as tyre, especially in the middle of desert when you have a pop out . I am using the DM camel one now, but definitely planning to buy a proper branded one soon.

Something or the other keeps breaking/burning/leaking with the DM compressors - hose leak, fuse bust, wiring problems, switch issues. Probably in total one ends up spending the same amount of money keeping the DM one working in the long run.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use