•  
Advertise here

Air compressor buying choices

RohanH

Thank @Frederic for sharing the technical knowledge. It was really helpful. 

I was not aware of the Duty Cycle. Mine says Duty cycle (max): 33% @ 100psi

Does this mean it can be operated for slighly longer than 20 mins since I 'only' go up to 38 psi? 

I have not kept time to know how long it takes to inflate all 4 tyres but it should be on or about 20 mins or so.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, topgear said:

Thank @Frederic for sharing the technical knowledge. It was really helpful. 

I was not aware of the Duty Cycle. Mine says Duty cycle (max): 33% @ 100psi

Does this mean it can be operated for slighly longer than 20 mins since I 'only' go up to 38 psi? 

I have not kept time to know how long it takes to inflate all 4 tyres but it should be on or about 20 mins or so.

Hi @topgear you are correct. As you are not going to 100psi but only 38 that 20 mins will be probably quite a bit higher. with your compressor you can easily do 4 tyres from 12 to 38psi. Then give it some rest. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 3 months later...

Hello All, my compressor finally gave up after 8 months of usage. Looking to buy a new one and I was searching  for MM and couldn't find any where. In the mean time looking for your opinion on below compressor. 

https://www.aceuae.com/en-AE/bushranger-rv-air-compressor-12-v-60-psi/166005.html

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Janarthan said:

Hello All, my compressor finally gave up after 8 months of usage. Looking to buy a new one and I was searching  for MM and couldn't find any where. In the mean time looking for your opinion on below compressor. 

https://www.aceuae.com/en-AE/bushranger-rv-air-compressor-12-v-60-psi/166005.html

This one is not bad, but 52lpm is a little bit low. It will take some time to get all 4 tyres back to 35psi, but if speed is not a concern than you'll be happy with this unit i think. Also check if they give 1y warranty or 5y (huge difference). 

Google on "Mean mother Compressor Dubai" and you'll find the local supplier here. We choose not to advertise here on Carnity so i won't mention any names :) 

I heard Mean Mother compressor is giving 5 years warranty so that might be worth the bucks.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Please also be aware that the compressor main job is not to inflate you after the drive, rather to help out if you have a pop-out. Lower end compressors will make your job to pop a tire back in impossible or at the least very difficult for the tire to pop back in to the rim.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

16 minutes ago, Frederic said:

This one is not bad, but 52lpm is a little bit low. It will take some time to get all 4 tyres back to 35psi, but if speed is not a concern than you'll be happy with this unit i think. Also check if they give 1y warranty or 5y (huge difference). 

Google on "Mean mother Compressor Dubai" and you'll find the local supplier here. We choose not to advertise here on Carnity so i won't mention any names :) 

I heard Mean Mother compressor is giving 5 years warranty so that might be worth the bucks.

Called them, unfortunately no stock. But they are going to get it in a week's time. Also have requested for a call back from ACE for the warranty details.

6 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Please also be aware that the compressor main job is not to inflate you after the drive, rather to help out if you have a pop-out. Lower end compressors will make your job to pop a tire back in impossible or at the least very difficult for the tire to pop back in to the rim.

Sure Rahim bhai , will definitely keep that mind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use