•  
Advertise here

4x4 without 4L

11 minutes ago, syed salman raza said:

can I take my hummer H2 automatic to dessert drive 4H R 3 2 1 working ,only not shifting to 4L  ?????

@syed salman raza You can take it anywhere you want - the question then is whether you will be able to take it back without a low ratio gear for recoveries. In carnity while we drive always in 4H, 4L is there for self recovery and to assist the marshals and seniors in helping you self recover. 

As a drive lead, I am not sure I would feel 100% comfortable with such a heavy vehicle in the convoy knowing that part of the 4x4 system is not working. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Wrangeld  its a power machine , Even the classy 4x4 with everything working got stucked,  yes I agree risk factor slightly higher without 4L , i have used in mountain and it performed well in 4H ,however have no experience for dessert , I remembered during my second dessert drive initially I was  stopped from doing mountain drift than I was allowed by the marshal (thankful to him) and I did it ,At that moment I realised that marshal is not counting on my expirence and expertise but its his highest level of confidience in himself that he can handle any situation is allowing me, which gave me asatisfaction I am with experienced people.

I am among the people who belives no risk no game 

I respect your opinion as it is for my own safety 

• Like (+1) 1

I remember during my first absulte newbie drives my wrangler TJ maual 6 speed had arefusal and I dont know how to put her in 4L than @Frederic marshal came and tried to put in 4L but for some reason it didnt shift so he managed to moved it out in 4L, it is was his expierence and he knows his job thats what my thinking it always aman behind machine, machine only performes as per the ability of driver which I still learning 🙃

11 minutes ago, syed salman raza said:

I remember during my first absulte newbie drives my wrangler TJ maual 6 speed had arefusal and I dont know how to put her in 4L than @Frederic marshal came and tried to put in 4L but for some reason it didnt shift so he managed to moved it out in 4L, it is was his expierence and he knows his job thats what my thinking it always aman behind machine, machine only performes as per the ability of driver which I still learning 🙃

Hi Syed if I remember correctly I wasn’t able to put it into 4Lo, but played a bit with the clutch and went forward and backward until I got a track and drove out. This is doable with a little TJ but definitely not with a Hummer H2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Why not get it fixed, I'm guessing it's a stuck motor. Since it does shift in 4wd. Can't be too complicated or expensive. Specially since it shares it's drive train with the Tahoe and Yukon.

Other than that the HE in capable hands is a pretty decent off roader. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@desertdude I changed the motor with new as adviced before by someone still it is not shifting, will be highly obliged if someone recomend me a decent place where they can fix the issue and make it ready and aceptable for desert

I had avery unpleasent experience with garageswith my jeep wrangler TJ 2005 ,I spend a lot of money for nothing and jeep still awaiting pcm (delivery 14 to 21 more days) and I am not very much sure it will be ready or some more surprises waiting for me 

Finding a competent and honest garage is super rare, unless you try 100 garages to find the best 10.

Easiest way I found out per my own experience, is to give a job to any garage who guarantees the work in writing. This way you can eliminate 90% scammers, incompetent and greedy workshop in first phone call only.

The guy who provide guarantee i'm ready to pay the premium so I know I spend a tad extra but for once only.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

53 minutes ago, syed salman raza said:

@desertdude I changed the motor with new as adviced before by someone still it is not shifting, will be highly obliged if someone recomend me a decent place where they can fix the issue and make it ready and aceptable for desert

I had avery unpleasent experience with garageswith my jeep wrangler TJ 2005 ,I spend a lot of money for nothing and jeep still awaiting pcm (delivery 14 to 21 more days) and I am not very much sure it will be ready or some more surprises waiting for me 

My 2003 Trailblazer had the same issue even after changing the transfercase. It wasn't engaging 4Lo so they did a system reboot or update I don't know which one was it and it all sorted out.

• Like (+1) 2