•  
Advertise here

Mitsubishi Pajero to cease production in 2021

6 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Was to be expected. They couldn’t keep the model alive anymore. The Montero Sport, though being a bit less rugged is not a bad alternative as an off-roader in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Was to be expected. They couldn’t keep the model alive anymore. The Montero Sport, though being a bit less rugged is not a bad alternative as an off-roader in my opinion.

Montero sport is nothing but a L200 pickup with a station wagon shell on it. And it drives like one too.

Just like the Fortuner is a Hilux pickup underneath

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

9 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Montero sport is nothing but a L200 pickup with a station wagon shell on it. And it drives like one too.

Just like the Fortuner is a Hilux pickup underneath

Correct. One of the few remaining SUV’s with ladder frame construction. Try to find a decent alternative in this price class. 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Things aren’t looking good in the Mitsubishi camp right now. They have also paused the release of any new  models in Europe indefinitely. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/updated-mitsubishi-freezes-introduction-new-models-europe

Edited by Barry
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Barry said:

Things aren’t looking good in the Mitsubishi camp right now. They have also paused the release of any new  models in Europe indefinitely. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/updated-mitsubishi-freezes-introduction-new-models-europe

They don't have anything exciting in their line. The ones they have very dated old technology vehicles. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Barry said:

The Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi strategy deals out the Asian markets only for Mitsubishi. All support will stop outside of that narrow region. 

Time now to buy up as many Pajeros as possible and store them for the parts that will be needed to serve the market here for the coming years. 

4 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

The Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi strategy deals out the Asian markets only for Mitsubishi. All support will stop outside of that narrow region. 

Time now to buy up as many Pajeros as possible and store them for the parts that will be needed to serve the market here for the coming years. 

Well they are selling cheap enough even the last gen models to buy and  collect.

I have seen a couple of (presumably) 4.0 Fortuner on the dunes and they seemed very handy and capable.

It is a shame that Mitsubishi could not develop something else that can succeed the Pajero. I used to have a SWB 3.0 Pajero and enjoyed my time driving it. Unfortunately, that was before I discovered the dunes and did not take it to the sand.