•  
Advertise here

Create dedicated Forum/Announcement Thread For Off Road Promotions

treks

Congratulations to all members who have recently been promoted to higher levels in the off-road world! 

However, can Carnity Admin not create a dedicated announcement thread/channel/forum for these announcements? I only speak for myself when I say that I do not visit Carnity as often as I used to simply because I don't want to wade through long lists of promotion announcements before I get to something worth reading/discussing. I am, however, reasonably confident that many other members find these announcements clogging up the discussion part of the forum equally irritating. 

So how about it, Admin? 

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

Even when you click on car forum feed, out of the 25 topics on the page, there is only one about a car. The other 24 are still 4x4 related. It’s got a bit boring with the constant barrage of 4x4 threads if I’m being honest, especially when there are countless other forums in competition with interesting car related content. It’s hard to find reasons to spend time on carnity unless off-roading is your thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Barry said:

Even when you click on car forum feed, out of the 25 topics on the page, there is only one about a car. The other 24 are still 4x4 related.

But the Car Forum Feed has nothing to do with the offroad club. There are problems that people are facing that they hope to get a solution. Same like a person facing a problem while driving a car on the road. Just because he/she drives a 4x4 doesn't mean they can't ask a question

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Srikumar said:

But the Car Forum Feed has nothing to do with the offroad club. There are problems that people are facing that they hope to get a solution. Same like a person facing a problem while driving a car on the road. Just because he/she drives a 4x4 doesn't mean they can't ask a question

I don't have a problem with 4x4 drivers asking questions about the workings of their vehicles. I have a problem with the large number of posts announcing who had been promoted to higher levels in the off-road realm. These announcements were beginning to crowd out everything else related to cars, including 4x4's. 

So, kudo's to Carnity Admin for getting this very irritating aspect of the forum under control!  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/2/2020 at 11:30 AM, treks said:

Congratulations to all members who have recently been promoted to higher levels in the off-road world! 

However, can Carnity Admin not create a dedicated announcement thread/channel/forum for these announcements? I only speak for myself when I say that I do not visit Carnity as often as I used to simply because I don't want to wade through long lists of promotion announcements before I get to something worth reading/discussing. I am, however, reasonably confident that many other members find these announcements clogging up the discussion part of the forum equally irritating. 

So how about it, Admin? 

Well take solace in the fact you are not the only one who feels this way.

I tried once before and from my original Post you can see I was fully expecting to be shot down and that's exactly what happened. 

So don't expect any different this time round either

• Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

10 hours ago, desertdude said:

Well take solace in the fact you are not the only one who feels this way.

I tried once before and from my original Post you can see I was fully expecting to be shot down and that's exactly what happened. 

So don't expect any different this time round either

I am not, not after not seeing the four different feed buttons on the home page as they are shown in this thread. Kudos withdrawn.

ETA- Oh, my bad. It now takes an extra click to get to the home page where the feed buttons are located. Kudos still withdrawn. 

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, treks said:

I am not, not after not seeing the four different feed buttons on the home page as they are shown in this thread. Kudos withdrawn.

ETA- Oh, my bad. It now takes an extra click to get to the home page where the feed buttons are located. Kudos still withdrawn. 

TBH I still don't get the logic of not clubbing all of them in one thread and keep the place nice, clean and tidy. Instead of putting feed buttons and what not. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the simplest ones. 

Plus I'm too lazy to delete all my old bookmarks and add new ones across all my devices. I've renamed this forum
Covid 19 Promotinity lol Because all you see is Covid 19 Covid 19 Covid 19 Promotion promotion covid 19 promotion. Seems like one has logged into a disease control center!  😆

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/4/2020 at 5:18 PM, Carnity said:

Thanks for your feedback.

We have added these 4 feed selection options on the homepage for your convenience.

carforum.jpgoffroadfeed.jpggenfeed.jpgmotorfeed.jpg

just my opinion

instead of 4 feed selections i would suggest 2 feed selections.

1.  Dedicated to off-road club for drive notifications, promotions, covid 19 compliant rules for drives, Etc. 

2. Another feed button for all other topics. 

i guess none of the above 4 feed button does this simple filter and i think original request from trek was this. 

i feel like all the information or threads in above 4 feeds are equally important to many of us. also i feel topics under each feed look similar and dont needs to be spread out. 

• Like (+1) 1