•  
Advertise here

Most Scenic Newbie Drives

Hey @Kieran McKeown, i love clicking pictures as well..and somehow i feel Fossil Rock area, Pink rock area and Faya and Badayer region pictures comes out slightly better as the dunes color is different from the ones in Qudra region..

Though Qudra has it own uniqueness as well..

I suggest you show the passenger some pictures of the previous drives of the different areas for him/her to choose where to go..

Hope that helps☺️

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

I totally agree with @Veedooshee suggestion.

Don't take me wrong, with added weight duster might struggle more unless you deflate to 12 PSI (which I did for your FR climb), but then no sharp turn or your tire will pop out of the wheel.

Also duster feedback from my side, try to find out on how to keep it locked in 1st gear for long hill climb, as while doing FR climb it was shifting up and down from 1 and 2 every 10 seconds. When it stayed in 1st it was very responsive and climbing better, while upshift to 2 (same Pajero known error), it kills the momentum. But in duster case (better than Pajero) it also downshift again to 1st after 10 second, to give a second chance.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have not been to that many but from the few (Pink Rock, Fossil Rock and Solar Park), I prefer Pink Rock purely from the picture quality/outcome perspective. 

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Don't take me wrong, with added weight duster might struggle more unless you deflate to 12 PSI (which I did for your FR climb), but then no sharp turn or your tire will pop out of the wheel.

Also duster feedback from my side, try to find out on how to keep it locked in 1st gear for long hill climb, as while doing FR climb it was shifting up and down from 1 and 2 every 10 seconds. When it stayed in 1st it was very responsive and climbing better, while upshift to 2 (same Pajero known error), it kills the momentum. But in duster case (better than Pajero) it also downshift again to 1st after 10 second, to give a second chance.

Question, for long hill climb, do you start at D and then put it on 1st gear when loosing momentum?

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks @Gaurav. Which ON-road locations in Dubai have the longest hill climbs? If I find myself near Jebel Hafeet again I will take a chance to practice there (although it is more twisting). 

@Lisa Pemberton I'm tagging you for Guarav's info on manual gears.

Edited by Kieran McKeown