•  
Advertise here

The ability to traverse challenging obstacles with more confidence

1 hour ago, Rizwanm2 said:

hi @Mohamed Seidam after reading your comment i realised yes why not manipulate braking system to simulate a difflock. 

to be specific is it possible to modify the handbrake. current handbrake setup is pull the lever lock both rear wheels. instead can we install another hand brake lever and link both levers individually to the rear wheels. So when situation arise we can use the handbrake to lock the free spinning wheel and send power to the other wheel.  understand its not exactly like a difflock to send power equally to both wheels.

what do you think guys, is it good idea specially for desert driving and recovery situations. 

It’s entirely doable. But leave the original handbrake in place for parking and add dual hydraulic handbrakes so you can lock the rear wheels individually. It’s just a matter of rerouting some pipe work. You need to go hydraulic because the handbrake cable would be stretched in no time. But could you really be arsed going to all that bother? Just go buy a LSD. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Barry said:

It’s entirely doable. But leave the original handbrake in place for parking and add dual hydraulic handbrakes so you can lock the rear wheels individually. It’s just a matter of rerouting some pipe work. You need to go hydraulic because the handbrake cable would be stretched in no time. But could you really be arsed going to all that bother? Just go buy a LSD. 

thanks @Barry for the suggestion. 

its time to get some youtube lesson on LSD, differential and what not. 😀

• Like (+1) 1

All what is called by Active assisted traction control system for 4WD won’t operate unless you are In Lo gear and in low rev .and as a matter of fact even no matter what you give a gas the sensors will keep the rev low to the limit before damage occurs to the differential and that what @Gaurav was trying to explain earlier . ( please correct me if I am mistaken ) .
now to try to simulate this complicated Fine process Manually is not , I think , impossible . You need i precise brain feet ( break,gas) coordination. 

I was wandering really how rubicon Crowlers up a rocky mountain with steady gas and left foot on break when needed , but maybe this is another control technique as already their front and rear lockers on !