•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - North Faqa (The Arboretum) - 14 Aug 2020

Ale Vallecchi

10 hours ago, J J said:

Let me know if something frees up

Hi @J J. For sure (you are currently #4 on the waiting list). Are you aware I will do the same route for Intermediates on Saturday afternoon? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @J J. For sure (you are currently #4 on the waiting list). Are you aware I will do the same route for Intermediates on Saturday afternoon? 

@Ale Vallecchi Yep wish it was morning :) Can't do afternoons unfortunately -  family calls !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

22 minutes ago, J J said:

@Ale Vallecchi Yep wish it was morning :) Can't do afternoons unfortunately -  family calls !

Sorry @J J but 2 back to back wake up calls at 3:30 are too much to handle for me (if I want to stay sharp) :-D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

@Taha Elghuel one spot has become free on next Friday morning drive. Would you like me to add you to the convoy? Please let me know by tomorrow morning, if possible. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taha Elghuel said:

Yes please. Thank you 

@Taha Elghuel will do. Please look at the post above about the drive's requirements. At Fewbie level it's fundamental you have a good shovel, a tow rope, a compressor and functional tow points at the front and rear of your car. Absence of these items will require me to send you (or anybody else in such situation) back without taking part in the drive. This is for the security of the convoy. Pleade acknowledge you are equipped as required.

See you on Friday at dawn. Have a good end of the week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Fewbie (and above) Carnity members.

This is the order in which we will line up tomorrow morning:

@Tbone will be my Second Lead

@Mehmet Volga will follow in his tracks (remember, the convoy follows the Second Lead, in case the Lead chooses the wrong path)

@Jeandre Bezuidenhout will make his Fewbie debut at #4

@Taha Elghuel just behind at #5

@Biju Abdul will take spot #6

@Kalahari will be taking Center Forward responsibilities

@Janarthan will be #8

@Shiju Manuel is going to be #9

@Rajeevan Vickneswaran will occupy spot #10, and

@Najeeb Mohammed will be sweeping the convoy.

Please, all remember to be punctual at 5:00 AM, at our deflation point. As soon as you arrive, you may start deflating, to anywhere between PSI 12-11 (based on your car's type of tires): the sand will be soft in places, especially as the day progresses.

Please be ready to tune in your radio to Carnity Channel 1 (466.006), and make sure that you are fully equipped as advised.

Have a great end of the week, and see you tomorrow in the sand.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

9 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Taha Elghuel will do. Please look at the post above about the drive's requirements. At Fewbie level it's fundamental you have a good shovel, a tow rope, a compressor and functional tow points at the front and rear of your car. Absence of these items will require me to send you (or anybody else in such situation) back without taking part in the drive. This is for the security of the convoy. Pleade acknowledge you are equipped as required.

See you on Friday at dawn. Have a good end of the week. 

Hey @Ale Vallecchi, I do have everything except the tow rope, do let me know if it’s mandatory will try to procure one today. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Janarthan said:

Hey @Ale Vallecchi, I do have everything except the tow rope, do let me know if it’s mandatory will try to procure one today. 

It would be best, both for your safety in general, and also because for our own Covid rules we should minimize the exchange of tools between drivers. See what you can do (sooner or later you'l have to have it). Thanks and see you tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks for leading a record drive today @Ale Vallecchi (I think?). Ultimately over 91 km over more than 6 hours!!! Very relaxing drive, with the usual patches of terribly soft powdery sand. One longish recovery when a baseplate bended down, and try as we might we could neither remove it, nor bend it back up again. These stucks happened to all of us before, and certainly no shame in that hellish soft bowl. I thought everybody did well, with shoutouts to fellow Intermediates @Tbone and @Najeeb Mohammed for their recovery efforts. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use