•  

COVID19 Compliant - Evening Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 14 Aug 2020

Gaurav

2 hours ago, Tamas Hoffmann said:

Hi everyone 

I signed up for this drive but I can't see my name for some reason 

Could you help me please 

Thank you 

Screenshot_20200814_112812.jpg

I will add your name, you are OK to join.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Here is the final convoy list

1. Gaurav Khanna                         Silver Pajero
  2. David Ortells                              Fj Cruiser
  3. Tamas Hoffman
  4. Wael Mounier                            Jeep Grand Cherokee
  5. Dagdag Sofiane                        Pajero
  6. VipinShetty                                Jeep Grand Cherokee
  7. Chaitanya D                              Black Xterra
  8. luwaimn                                     White Prado
  9. Ahmed Farghaly                        Xterra
  10. Vineeth John Joseph                 White Xterra
  11. siddharth maheshwari               White Wrangler
  • Like (+1) 3

Well driven everyone, thanks to@Gaurav and @Ale Vallecchi. It did not feel like a newbie drive !

https://www.relive.cc/view/vr63ddE5Zdq

Some pictures uploaded in gallery. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

TRIP REPORT

Newbie drive at almost a fewbie pace.

It was a very pleasant surprise to see @Ale Vallecchi after a very long time as now he is busy with his own weekly drives and we hardly get a time to see each other. With this golden opportunity of having two lead in front, I thought of taking a backseat to relax and enjoy Italian flavour Ale's lead. Soon that turned out to be the most yummiest lead I have followed in a long time, with very smooth approach and meticulous reading of dunes entry and exit points. He maintained a very good pace with plenty of thrills and without much refusals or stuck that everyone enjoyed to cover over 30+ kms in a newbie level drive.

Thanks everyone for showing up on time and respecting everyone's time. Due to timely start and almost everyone ready with deflation we hit the Qudra desert little more beyond than what you must have tasted in an absolute newbie level. Newbie drives are usually a step up to an AN Drive so that you can learn the vehicle dynamics and better controls.

Everyone drove fantastic and managed very well to the faster pace roller-coaster newbie level drive. Only two tow rope stuck happen with bare minimum refusals, that tells a lot about the convoy strength and discipline.

Thanks @David Ortells for keeping the second (or third) lead in check and keeping everyone safe behind you.

Impressed with @Tamas Hoffmann handling on the first day of offroading to do two drives a day and beautifully managing 3.0 LWB Pajero, that many claims to be an underpower 4x4.

@Wael Mounier it was good to see that you decided to remove the air dam for more comfortable and peace of mind drive.

@Dagdag Sofiane you managed well too and I think you need to get your gear oil checked and if in doubt better to get it changed along with gear filter. As having A/T light in evening newbie drive isn't very common. I'm doubting maybe gear oil and filter must have passed its usable life and that's why it's heating up so quickly.

@VipinShetty it was good to see you after a long time and noticing your great progress to tame that beast so effectively.

@Chaitanya D thanks for all the wonderful support and doing two back-to-back safe recoveries in the same spot with the same car but in different color - Deja vu.

@muzamil hussain it's worth talking about transmission temperature issue with Jeepers, because if they are installing such a heavy Mickey Thompson tires (25+ Kg) in their modification package they must be adding the cooler fan or something.

@Ahmed Farghaly it's always good to post your question on forum to get the multiple feedback on the offroad recovery gear before buying, as noon strap was too light and slim for 4 ton rating sticker (probably fake). 

@Vineeth John Joseph managed very well at the end and given enough company to siddharth.

@siddharth maheshwari it was good to see you after a break. Thanks for wonderful sweep and keeping an eagle eye. You will start loving the sweep position more and more, as it offers a different level of fun and responsibility at the same time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dagdag Sofiane said:

Hello @Gaurav,

thanks for the advice. The thing is I just got my oil checked after lockdown and also my oil filter. 

what do you think, should I still investigate or it might have been cause by the excess of AC use during the session?

Was it original Mitsubishi Oil and filter or aftermarket?

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use