•  
Advertise here

RTA approval for adding Stickers on our car

Hi All

This is a general discussion topic, couldn’t find a category so posted here. Can anyone advise if we require to register @RTA if we add any stickers on to our car. If so what is the procedure . Recently have added below shown on our car. 
Much appreciated if someone can advise, don’t want to get a hefty fine for a low cost sticker. Thanks in advance... 

Mukundan

F7B87068-C4FE-494F-B4A9-9AC05D672BC1.jpeg

6DC6F2A4-58D9-4E70-93FA-D802DD40C68C.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

1. Apply through the Dubai police RTA for adding colour and  mention the original colour also.

2.  Get CID approval before putting on the sticker. Or talk to CID department in Quasis and convince them its already done. (Good luck)

After inspection they will give you a paper for adding colour. Do the sticker and take it to any inspection centre for adding in the Mulkia.

Some car wrapping agencies or sticker services can help in getting necessary RTA approval if you get the stickers done from them.

Bear in mind there is a fine for stickers without approval

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 2

What I have mentioned is hearsay from other groups and friends. I tried to find on RTA website , but could not go back to the link exactly which one to apply.

Probably best to call them and ask on 8009090 during working hours for the exact updated process.

@Mohamed Seidam has the same star on his white xterra, and I love it! May be he can guide better or check with his previous owner about the process and let us know. TIA

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Normally police permission is required if you are doing any big advertising for your vehicle. I dont think the police would bother about the star of any other such stickers. But they might ask you to remove it at the time of renewal. You can goto the Tasjeel or Shamil testing center and ask over there.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

Normally police permission is required if you are doing any big advertising for your vehicle. I dont think the police would bother about the star of any other such stickers. But they might ask you to remove it at the time of renewal. You can goto the Tasjeel or Shamil testing center and ask over there.

You would think that. Ive had cars fail for small club stickers because it comes under advertising. 

• Like (+1) 2

20200813_071102.jpg.f8a8b66985a51966f26622d6c49c3a65.jpg

Above is @Mohamed Seidam car (posted here with permission), as you can see there are more stickers than the star, approved by RTA and entered in Mulkiya.

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Sorry for late replies.

RTA testing center WILL FAIL renewal/new registration passing test for even a smallest stickers (K&N, Borla, Club stickers etc.). As per rule book, they supposed to do that. Now some centers and some inspectors are bit lenient and leave the small stickers with a close eye, but for big one like this star on the door it will surely fail.

Stickers that come stock with cars are only acceptable. Period.

Usually small inconspicuous sticker like some club stickers will get border line ignored or call owner to remove while passing.

If your friend has gone through with some big stickers and passed the test that does not guarantee that you will also pass. If they fail, you will loose 170 dh for re-test.

Different Topic

Adding another color to registration card can be done while registering the car with a form to add additional color on your mulkia. My stock car has two colors but it showed Silver on mulkia and up until 2 years back registration guy made me fill that form to add brown too. That paper is for CID (i guess) as it was in arabic and I had no clue on what I signed but in mulkia now it shows Silver + Brown.

Different Topic

Dubai police repainting procedure is totally different subject to talk and seek approval, even when you need to repaint full car with same color.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.