•  
Advertise here

Securing items in trunk on X

I always keep the hydronic jack horizontal even if in the manual says it can be stored vertical for two reasons the first is the leak potential and the other is safety in case of God forbidden let’s not say flip or roll over but a nasty bump that can let things jump and bounce . But this is me .😊

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

By the way and to contribute to thread , I ordered this bag , originally designed to sit under the back benches of crewcab pickup  (attn @Russ et @Alex Raptor) but I think could work nicely when tied to the bottom D-ring of my trunk. It does eat  floor space and is shallow, but should suffice to much I need and cleaner than my current trunk organizers. Not cheap. I will report when I try it, should be here in a couple of weeks. 

image.png.2018a5f82922c945cc8399899ff1d626.png

image.png.5763a4d626a82d696455ce011dab2492.png

I am also considering this back seat organizer, it's designed for wrangler and there's a 4Runner model. I need to ask the company about FJC fit, but it's very expensive, so I have a bit of cold feet. 

Hahaha, you won't be surprised to hear I already have it, it’s a good size, however the zips do make a bit of noise whilst driving

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

he he, I suspected it... and I will not be so much surprised to see you being followed by a drone carrying the extra load. :) Seeing your Burj Khalifa at work, I said to myself: I need this! I thought it was called Burj Khalifa because the dimensions, but it has to be because of the weight! 

Btw, just found out we use the same garage (many raptors owners) and yesterday the owner mentioned you when I say I drive with Carnity.

Jacob is great. Mine is in there now having a bit of work. You haven't seen it yet but I now have an air jack. Very compact and lifts the raptor 40cm. We used it the other weekend to great success. Once I'm 100pc happy with the air jack I will move the burj Khalifa I think. 

• Like (+1) 1

checkout my instagram at @leadfootdxb there is a video on there, its from hpasystems , I had to ship it from USA, you have the option of running it from an air tank or the compressor, designed by a truck owner and used on BAJA, 4500psi carbon fibre scuba tank, enough air for over 50 lifts or 15 x tire refill on a 35 inch K02 from 10-40, also comes with a gauge. Cool thing is you can jack up the wheel you need then disconnect the jack whilst extended and attach the inflator, because it is at 150-200psi the bead reseats very quickly on a pop out, and was perfect to change Russ's tire a couple of weeks a go.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

By the way and to contribute to thread , I ordered this bag , originally designed to sit under the back benches of crewcab pickup  (attn @Russ et @Alex Raptor) but I think could work nicely when tied to the bottom D-ring of my trunk. It does eat  floor space and is shallow, but should suffice to much I need and cleaner than my current trunk organizers. Not cheap. I will report when I try it, should be here in a couple of weeks. 

image.png.2018a5f82922c945cc8399899ff1d626.png

image.png.5763a4d626a82d696455ce011dab2492.png

I am also considering this back seat organizer, it's designed for wrangler and there's a 4Runner model. I need to ask the company about FJC fit, but it's very expensive, so I have a bit of cold feet. 

I’ll be interested to see this @PaoloMaraziti, if not yours then @Alex Raptor’s

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alex Raptor said:

This is next for the Raptor, I don't use the rear seats, and need some space for my dual battery setup and overloading gear, can't decide on Line X paint or carpet, will put the tie down bars on and some ventilation holes in the box for the electrics, 

2ED0F0A5-426A-45FE-9E0E-29A95BF5ABE5.jpeg.6381f1c007b89ba92d0d7a64934c185e.jpeg

0B3F55E0-517A-414F-80E6-1749A2269FBA.jpg

Ah but where’s the Nespresso machine 👀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

@Russ you are always asking the right questions! 

we should finally set up that 'show and tell' thread were we can have our set ups paraded!  cannot wait for @Alex Raptor to finish his setup and @PaoloMaraziti and @Hisham Masaad to magic up some solutions for the FJ.

@PaoloMaraziti an alternative to the big bag was the following i found from Smitybilt .  i ended up cancelling my order as due to covid, it was taking 3 months :( ... but a duffel/bag setup anchored in the trunk is a smart option.  

i feel like @Ahab Shamaa hasn't bought something new in a while... look forward to being corrected. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1