•  
Advertise here

Securing items in trunk on X

10 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

How many drives did the plastic container last? 

I used a similar setup for first newbie drive, which ended up container being shattered. 

Actually i am still using the same arrangement except i shifted the location of the jack to more secure place. I am happy with it and container still stays in one piece :)

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Looks good and practical.  Definitely will keep boot neat and arranged but my concern being

1. Obscuring blind spots on highway which is more important.

2.  recovery gear is pretty heavy . Tieing then with straps on these might wear and tear soon while being offroad where it's quite jerky all the time.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

What's your opinion of these molle storage panels? I'm wondering how secure things would be. Although the off-road community seem to think they're great 

cargo barrier.jpg

molle.jpg

storage 1.jpg

I like the side ones , I have no problems with blind spots obscuring as I have long time adjusted my side mirrors 😄 having  the rare setting could be a problem to look through via rare mirror and also I am not sure if RTA will have a word about it . Otherwise it’s lovely secured neat and keeps everything in order 👍

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

I agree, I prefer the side ones, I think the barricade one is a step too far. Molle do attachments for a variety of things like extinguishers etc .to secure onto the actual panels. I think that's the best option to make sure stuff doesn't fly off.  Also some good garages will fabricate something for your compressor.  I have so much in the boot of the X, I'd love for it all to be organised.

I'm sure @Ahab Shamaa has this on his FJ. @Ahab Shamaa care to share your knowledge?

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

I agree, I prefer the side ones, I think the barricade one is a step too far. Molle do attachments for a variety of things like extinguishers etc .to secure onto the actual panels. I think that's the best option to make sure stuff doesn't fly off.  Also some good garages will fabricate something for your compressor.  I have so much in the boot of the X, I'd love for it all to be organised.

I'm sure @Ahab Shamaa has this on his FJ. @Ahab Shamaa care to share your knowledge?

There is a shorter list on what @Ahab Shamaa doesn’t have 😱😂 ... he lives the mod dream!! I am also keen on the side panels like yourself @Foxtrot Oscar. Being a newbie/fewbie I only have recovery gear so the boot is one duffel at the moment but I love the idea of being organized and being ready for needing to secure more items .. thank you for starting this thread! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think the side ones will be useful and practical for smaller/lighter items that could potentially go 'missing' as they get bumped about or sloshed about during desert drives. The rear side window of FJ does not contribute to the overall visibility from the inside. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

There is a shorter list on what @Ahab Shamaa doesn’t have 😱😂 ... he lives the mod dream!! I am also keen on the side panels like yourself @Foxtrot Oscar. Being a newbie/fewbie I only have recovery gear so the boot is one duffel at the moment but I love the idea of being organized and being ready for needing to secure more items .. thank you for starting this thread! 

Wry true, Ahab loves a gadget .

I have too much stuff flying around, I’ve tried bags, boxes etc but the constant digging around is annoying . Having the essential always used items out would be great 

• Like (+1) 3