•  
Advertise here

Securing items in trunk on X

3 minutes ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

Hey @Foxtrot Oscar, @Niki Patel, @Chaitanya D, @sertac, @Emmanuel, @Mohamed Seidam, @topgear, @Srikumar, @Jefy, @GauravSoni, &@Gaurav. I’ve almost tried it all 😂 I hate, absolutely hate rattling and things moving around while off-roading. I’ve tried to tie down bags, nets, external bags on my spare tire, bags on my roof rack(not practical), and nothing has quite worked like the molle panels. They are great and can hold just about anything; provided you use good quality, to purpose tie-downs.  Having said that, if you do decide to get some molle panels, go for good quality ones that will support the weight of equipment; including a 2 ton hydraulic jack 😀. Some panels in the market, are cheaply made and will bend and crackle when driving or under load. Some companies produce specific panels for your particular car, and I found those to be the best, since fit is perfect and they have installation instructions and support. In any event, even with a bit of a higher spend, it’s a once in a lifetime investment and worth every penny 😀

One last thing; there are literally hundreds of bags and holders that are  designed for the molle panels, which is a great thing. This system is still being used by militaries around the world to this day.

Here are some pics from the back of my FJC; everything is nice and tidy 😀

112F3E5D-7DF9-4821-A825-28A223E7EA94.jpeg

C8F3B57A-9E4A-4EAB-BDFE-89D06C4C6F24.jpeg

FE90F910-F3D6-4C1E-BA34-21A117272EE9.jpeg

E4750193-195E-4397-BF01-C5C081415CD1.jpeg

83ECC981-C3EF-4B53-A29A-C7A69C613A28.jpeg

I feel I need to turn on VPN to view this!  Why am I so excited by these pics? 😳 .... 

I love being organized and this is a dream setup!!! Thanks for sharing Ahab and the genuine review of the Molle panels 

• Like (+1) 3

@Ahab Shamaa very well done and neat set up. I think a well kept car is always more joy to ride and I am sure you are enjoying it ,from the way it looks through the pictures you shared.👍👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

You have well thought clean setup @Ahab Shamaa. Thank you for the pics. 

BTW if below pic is 2 ton jack, where is it mounted in your trunk. i cant quite figure it out from this picture. 

83ECC981-C3EF-4B53-A29A-C7A69C613A28.jpeg

Also how did you secure below big box in your trunk floor.  

E4750193-195E-4397-BF01-C5C081415CD1.jpeg

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 1

Thanks @Chaitanya D! I knew the doctor in you would appreciate a bit of tidiness 😀

@Rizwanm2, the box is something I built out of plywood, and secured it in an outer shell that I had bought from Amazon. I secure the whole thing to the FJ’s floor via ratchet straps, who in turn are attached to the trunk’s floor (the  FJC has 4 attachment points in the floor of the trunk). That thing doesn’t budge despite the jumps and bumps were subject our cars to 😀

As to the Pro Eagle Jack, it’s mounted to my rear door. I have temporarily removed it, to reinforce the mounting points where the molle panel attaches to my rear door. The steel on the Toyota is much weaker than the steel used on the molle panel. So in order to ensure the attachment points on the FJ do not bend/warp, the garage is fabricating reinforcement brackets that will bolt on to the FJ’s door under the plastic cover panel. I’ll show it to you next time we meet 😎

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

Thanks @Chaitanya D! I knew the doctor in you would appreciate a bit of tidiness 😀

@Rizwanm2, the box is something I built out of plywood, and secured it in an outer shell that I had bought from Amazon. I secure the whole thing to the FJ’s floor via ratchet straps, who in turn are attached to the trunk’s floor (the  FJC has 4 attachment points in the floor of the trunk). That thing doesn’t budge despite the jumps and bumps were subject our cars to 😀

As to the Pro Eagle Jack, it’s mounted to my rear door. I have temporarily removed it, to reinforce the mounting points where the molle panel attaches to my rear door. The steel on the Toyota is much weaker than the steel used on the molle panel. So in order to ensure the attachment points on the FJ do not bend/warp, the garage is fabricating reinforcement brackets that will bolt on to the FJ’s door under the plastic cover panel. I’ll show it to you next time we meet 😎

@Ahab Shamaa excellent job buddy indeed , thanks for sharing the visuals 👍

only one thing crossed my mind isn’t it better to secure the 2t floor jack horizontally , from fluid ( oil ) stasis in gravity dependent position that theoretically may leak by time ) ! 

D400D1FA-0203-4001-A803-E1155F42D534.jpeg

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

There’s a reason why you’re a doctor @Mohamed Seidam 😀 Helping people is in your blood, and you can’t help reading and understanding user manuals no matter how long and boring they are 🤣

Thanks for sharing this information buddy! I’m reconsidering my setup after reading this. Now I will either store the jack horizontally as the manufacturer suggested, or I will wrap it with a Spinneys bag to collect the oil that leaks out 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Hey @Hisham Masaad, yes indeed, you have a beautiful FJ as I recall, and I owe you some pictures from our scenic drive wih @Ale Vallecchi in RAK 😀

Since we’re not allowed to post names here, I would say do a search for FJC Molle panels. A few results should come up. I got mine shipped from the US and installed here. Good luck with this and let me know if you don’t have any luck finding what you need... We’ll figure out something else 😀

• Like (+1) 4