•  
Advertise here

Securing items in trunk on X

1 minute ago, topgear said:

I will give this a try.  I always thought I am the only one experiencing this as I open the 3rd door, at least 4 times a day. 

Hahahah, I feel its Japanese "non" engineering design issue.

Never had this issue with German, UK and US brand of cars.

• Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

my xterra rear door also ratling for sometime. and i was able to stop it by adjusting rubber damping on the door. 

as shown in below pic you can rotate the rubber damper and bring out little bit more. so when you close the door it will be a tight fit.  

image.png.30d436aa35ae8fc38ff786993eddca4a.png

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Hahahah, I feel its Japanese "non" engineering design issue.

Never had this issue with German, UK and US brand of cars.

we Japanese car owners see this as 'features' that highlights our cars 'serviceability/repairability' :) 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

@PaoloMaraziti one option could be create a layer by adding a shelf across the wheel wells (minimal added weight vs drawers and gives significant room back to store items).  Customizing it to have tie down hooks and legs will add strength to use the top for secure storage.  Under the shelf it shouldn’t be too hard to section of enough space to roll in the jack:  Easy to make yourself or the firm below have it precut and supplied with hooks to secure down (no legs and no tie down points)

https://www.instagram.com/p/COv20xCJRm2/?utm_medium=copy_link

A376A0AB-D444-4A29-9D30-A0B4A8B0EBD3.jpeg.1236869d99bf0af43a0110da82ef0736.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

I found the best place for the jack @PaoloMarazitiis above one of the wheels well. Depending on the length of the jack, with suitable bracket, should work very well. Mine (which is the smaller electric one) sets there perfectly. Re horizontal or vertical position, I am sure all depending on the quality of the jack. Upon inspecting leaking jacks, found the have to be always horizontal, due to quality issues. However, I am sure good ones, does not matter how you put them. Unfortunately, I dont have photo for my jack bracket. Will get it ASAP. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Wow, this require an operation my friend @PaoloMaraziti 😂. Would suggest to meet and discuss

Pre-watch for @PaoloMaraziti before attending this intervention :)  (that said your trunk is deceivingly tidy- just not organized).  @Hisham Masaad i would like to be part of this 'meet and tidy' event ... count me in! 

• Haha (+1) 3