•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock Extended - Sharjah - 22 Aug 2020

Ale Vallecchi

This was my first Fewbie drive and it was clearly more challenging and definitely fun. Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for your guidance  especially related hill climbs and using the gears.

Convoy management was great from you all @Chaitanya D, @Febin Frederic and @Rinelle Sanaani.

See you in next drive.

IMG_8289.jpg

IMG_8295.JPG

IMG_8309.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Seriously @Ale Vallecchi this is so far my number one preferred ride.. I guess I had enough adrenaline to get through the week until the next weekend ride .. thanks a lot for an amazing one

@Rinelle Sanaani thanks a lot for the recovery although I thought everyone enjoyed looking at the black beast stuck on it belly over there 😂

@Chaitanya D and @Febin Frederic great job keeping the convoy rightly together, I felt how hard was job was with the challenging track..

thanks all for the lovely morning experience and see you next time on the sand6B67AD9A-9521-436B-AE39-14A93D1B95D2.jpeg

3178541E-9DA3-4140-9D1E-EC54D4734994.jpeg

E6DB4482-A915-4958-A839-6F19522BC67F.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

30 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

everyone enjoyed looking at the black beast stuck on it belly over there

Everyone has been there and done that (getting crested - front heavy /back heavy / centre ) @Islam Soliman. I was always watching you considering you were right behind me. Very well driven , you have a beast but you kept it very well controlled 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

NIGHT AND DAY - PINK ROCK EXTENDED

This time every driver's maniacal punctuality allowed us to start the day....with a night drive. With the cover of the dark we snuck into the dunes leading to Pink Rock's nothern base, and easily climbed its saddle, just in time to enjoy the first hints of dawn.

From there we proceeded, skirting Fennec Cave, all around the rock, in a south-westerly direction, toward the beautiful range of sand bowls and low ridges that makes up the plateau betweem our starting point and Big Red. 

The terrain, and the quality of the drivers, allowed us to practice all off-roading skills: streight crossing, side sloping, and the rudiment of criss-crossing. Eventually, as everybody got more comfortable, we pushed the level up, and by the time we exited, the convoy had managed to ride in and out of the lower Big Red's bowls in good form, driving smoothly , crossing over the last 3 bowls without stucks.

Great job by @Chaitanya D, executing flawlessly his first Second Lead. Very good contribution by @Rinelle Sanaani in his first Center Forward position (good recovery of Islam's GMC). Also perfect job by @Febin Frederic, also in his first Sweep, keeping the convoy together, and managing its flow when some refusals demanded directing the traffic. 

Special mention to @Islam Soliman for the impressive handling of his "beast": after the first challanging ridge, you never looked back, and managed a perfect ride.

Very good drive, cool and collected, by the "younger" off-roaders (@Tero Vallas, @muzamil hussain@Biju Abdul and @Gregory Perkin) as well as the more experienced ones (@Anish S and @Shiju Manuel) one could see all of you gaining in self-confidence, improving at each crossing, managing the last, more fast paced ones at Big Red, with good precision and control. Well done.

By 9AM we had managed to drive for 3:35 hours and 38.4Km, at an average speed of 11Km/h (20 Km/h while moving), with a maximum speed of 58Km/h, and a total of 608 meters climbed.

Thank you all very much for joining, and see you next time on the hot sand. Have a great week!!

@Ale Vallecchi today’s drive was fantastic and the happy face of all of us at the exit point is the testimonial of the same I guess. 

Thank you so much for making us practice ridge crossing at safer dunes and especially with your live commentary, feels much more confident now to practice this further. 

Needless to say, the convoy management was very good today, thanks to @Chaitanya D @Rinelle Sanaani @Febin Frederic and I feel they share great sync in communication. 

@Ale Vallecchi overall this was my best drive so far and I would say this till I have the next best drive with you 😁😉 maybe next Friday ? 😉

BCE8BC3E-EF7A-4A81-9D51-E6312C5F0886.jpeg

95887314-B64C-44E6-A5B6-9676610F92F2.jpeg

735AF8D4-7B81-4D80-ABFF-04ED07204F6D.jpeg

67FFA02C-9ACE-44AA-9F56-DFCA08FAA202.jpeg

EDCB751C-45FA-437D-AB9A-CE54F6CE27AA.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 8/22/2020 at 4:43 PM, Islam Soliman said:

Seriously @Ale Vallecchi this is so far my number one preferred ride.. I guess I had enough adrenaline to get through the week until the next weekend ride .. thanks a lot for an amazing one

@Rinelle Sanaani thanks a lot for the recovery although I thought everyone enjoyed looking at the black beast stuck on it belly over there 😂

@Chaitanya D and @Febin Frederic great job keeping the convoy rightly together, I felt how hard was job was with the challenging track..

thanks all for the lovely morning experience and see you next time on the sand

IMG_6240.MOV

6B67AD9A-9521-436B-AE39-14A93D1B95D2.jpeg

3178541E-9DA3-4140-9D1E-EC54D4734994.jpeg

E6DB4482-A915-4958-A839-6F19522BC67F.jpeg

@Islam Soliman ur very much welcome.. first tine i saw ur beast in the meeting point... my first impression was Wow thats an elephant in the desert. But as we drove along, ureally dod well handling ur big belly beast... its impressive.. looking forward to see u again with ur beast. 

On 8/22/2020 at 7:55 PM, Biju Abdul said:

@Ale Vallecchi today’s drive was fantastic and the happy face of all of us at the exit point is the testimonial of the same I guess. 

Thank you so much for making us practice ridge crossing at safer dunes and especially with your live commentary, feels much more confident now to practice this further. 

Needless to say, the convoy management was very good today, thanks to @Chaitanya D @Rinelle Sanaani @Febin Frederic and I feel they share great sync in communication. 

@Ale Vallecchi overall this was my best drive so far and I would say this till I have the next best drive with you 😁😉 maybe next Friday ? 😉

BCE8BC3E-EF7A-4A81-9D51-E6312C5F0886.jpeg

95887314-B64C-44E6-A5B6-9676610F92F2.jpeg

735AF8D4-7B81-4D80-ABFF-04ED07204F6D.jpeg

67FFA02C-9ACE-44AA-9F56-DFCA08FAA202.jpeg

EDCB751C-45FA-437D-AB9A-CE54F6CE27AA.jpeg

@Biju Abdul thank u biju.. im just like u all.. still learning the ways of the desert..  ow learning the ways of handling responsibilities in the convoy.. 

Thank u so much @Ale Vallecchi for having the confidence in me handling the center forward. Il continue to learn the ways of convoy responsibilities.. And also thank u for THE BEST TRAIL EVER... on bhalf of everyone who im really sure enjoyed much ur planned trail... 

IMG_20200822_105452_280.jpg

IMG_20200822_211632_533.jpg

Edited by Rinelle Sanaani
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use