•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 21 Aug 2020

Frederic

Join us in exploring the Al Qudra Desert to see what's beyond the lakes, and learn the art of offroading at the same time ! This area is a very versatile playground for Absolute Newbies on their first offroad adventure.

If you have already driven in sand before, then you can learn more from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to test your off-road control.

This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks.

You can bring your family, friends and kids, but if you are absolute new to sand offroading we advise you to drive alone first to learn off-roading without any distractions.

21 aug AN drive Friday.jpg

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading.
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette.
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices.
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures.
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Why should i join?

• We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques.
  • If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE.
  • This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Can my vehicle do this ?

• This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further.
  • Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any vehicle modifications.

Can i bring passengers ?

• Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

Join button.jpg

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  21 Aug, 2020 Friday.

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Al Qudra https://goo.gl/maps/ZgS2Gqam9PcsxWR48

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Deflator and Pressure Gauge, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

End Point: Qudra Parking 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 15 members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • 1 Lead Marshal + 2 Senior Members + 12 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW EVENT IN THE EVENT CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @Frederic!

I"ve RSVP'd for this drive and it'll be my first one. Excited and looking forward to it! 

I've some questions though: 

1. What are the 'must have' equipment to participate in this drive? As i understand - it's a tyre deflator and pressure gauge. Correct? 

2. Do i need to have a radio? 

3. Do i need to have a compressor for inflation, post drive?  If yes, could you please recommend some options and where can i buy those? There are some options on Amazon, are they reliable? 

Thank you! 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bhaskar said:

Hi @Frederic!

I"ve RSVP'd for this drive and it'll be my first one. Excited and looking forward to it! 

I've some questions though: 

1. What are the 'must have' equipment to participate in this drive? As i understand - it's a tyre deflator and pressure gauge. Correct? 

2. Do i need to have a radio? 

3. Do i need to have a compressor for inflation, post drive?  If yes, could you please recommend some options and where can i buy those? There are some options on Amazon, are they reliable? 

Thank you! 

Hi @Bhaskar welcome to Carnity Off-road Club !

For your first drive you will indeed only need a tyre deflator and pressure gauge. On the second drive onwards the radio is also a mandatory item so if you can bring one already all the better. Motorola/Crony MT777 or Baofeng UV5R from Dragon Mart are recommended. 

Programming Instructions can be found here: 

We will be exiting nearby a gas station so you don’t need a compressor immediately, but it will come in very handy too as there might be a big queue at the gas station.  If you have a budget of 150-200 Aed the Camel branded ones in Dragon Mart are not bad, if you fancy something more upscale then Bushranger in ACE are very good. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @izzumonv i understood from last weeks drive that your car did not have a towpoint. Is that sorted now ? Could you share a photo ?

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Frederic

Unfortunately I had to withdraw the Rsvp as I just found out I don't have rear hook. It's absolutely frustrating as I was eagerly looking forward to this week and really surprised a car with towing option doesn't have rear hook.

I will have to make one and will try to join in in the upcoming weeks..wish you guys safe trip. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sandyman85 said:

Hi @Frederic

Unfortunately I had to withdraw the Rsvp as I just found out I don't have rear hook. It's absolutely frustrating as I was eagerly looking forward to this week and really surprised a car with towing option doesn't have rear hook.

I will have to make one and will try to join in in the upcoming weeks..wish you guys safe trip. 

Thanks for informing. You will need both front and rear towpoints.

I found below article on the front tow hooks:
https://www.dodgedurango.net/threads/added-recovery-points-tow-hooks-to-my-2017-r-t.77218/

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Thanks for informing. You will need both front and rear towpoints.

I found below article on the front tow hooks:
https://www.dodgedurango.net/threads/added-recovery-points-tow-hooks-to-my-2017-r-t.77218/

Yes.. I just spoke to someone on this and will get it done hopefully before the next trip. I was looking forward to this week and it's a real bummer. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Derek Fernandes and welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

Kindly introduce yourself and provide the following information:

1) Which 4x4 are you driving ? Wrangler ?

2) Any prior offroading experience ? If so, where ?

3) Are the front and back towpoints in perfect condition ?

• Like (+1) 1

Hello @Frederic & all at Carnity Offroad Club !

1) I have the 2017 Wrangler - 2 door - White Jeep that i've recently modifed
2) No prior off road experience - this is my first and am really looking forward to it.
3) Front and Back Towpoints are in perfect condition.

i do have a deflator & a compressor along with the flagpole & mount .. will be getting a walkie talkie in a day or two.
i do not have the tow rope though.

Hopefully my experience will be awesome and one of many to come.

Looking forward to meet you all - Cheers

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Derek Fernandes said:

Hello @Frederic & all at Carnity Offroad Club !

1) I have the 2017 Wrangler - 2 door - White Jeep that i've recently modifed
2) No prior off road experience - this is my first and am really looking forward to it.
3) Front and Back Towpoints are in perfect condition.

i do have a deflator & a compressor along with the flagpole & mount .. will be getting a walkie talkie in a day or two.
i do not have the tow rope though.

Hopefully my experience will be awesome and one of many to come.

Looking forward to meet you all - Cheers

Thanks for the swift reply @Derek Fernandes !

No need for a rope yet, only from Intermediate level onwards the rope has to be part of your gear kit.

You'll find most information in below topic, and don't hesitate to ask questions if any.

See you on Friday !

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use