•  

COVID 19 compliant - Fewbie Morning Desert drive - Al Qudra South - 21 Aug 2020

Jeepie

On behalf of @Jeepie

Thanks to everyone for signing up for the Friday morning drive. @Edgar @Islam Soliman @Christian Andras @Shiju Manuel @Mehmet Volga @Jeandre Bezuidenhout @Nacho @Newton Rozario @Veedooshee @Nizam Deen you are confirmed, however, as you have seen from the topic thread there is a lot of demand for this drive, so if there is any chance you cannot attend, please vacate your RSVP so that others can join the drive. 

The plan for Friday morning is to approach the Al Qudra area from the Abu Dhabi side of solar park where there are some nice long dunes for side sloping and excellent dune ranges where we can practice criss crossing and ridge riding a little. 

Depending on the convoy we will make our way into Solar Park and on to the Qudra area. If not we will finish the drive at the start point. 

Please note, this is a conpressor only drive. If you do not have a compressor then please sign out of the drive immedaitely as we will not redirect in the event that someone has no compressor. Please make sure as well you have all the equipment required for your level as this will be checked, along with tow points before we leave for the drive. 

We are lucky enough to have @Brette supporting the drive and will be looking for our more senior Fewbies to support the new Fewbies on this step up in drive intensity. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

@marks looks like you just got a drive Friday. Pls confirm or we woll open up this space to the next person on the wait list. 

@Shiju Manuel thanks letting us know.

• Like (+1) 1

THIS DRIVE IS NOW CLOSED. 

Posting on behalf of @Jeepie

Good morning @Edgar @Islam Soliman @Christian Andras @Mehmet Volga @Jeandre Bezuidenhout @Nacho @Newton Rozario @Veedooshee @Nizam Deen @marks

You are all confirmed for the drive in Qudra tomorrow morning. Here are the convoy numberings for the drive

image.png.da4ffe3258ce9a4d587747ea1a2c0e24.png

With a few new fewbies in the ranks this will be a chance for the more experienced Fewbies to support the drive a little more and get to grips with the challenges offfered by this part of the Qudra dune complex. The plan for the drive is to make the most of the long dunes in this area that allow for slide sloping and practice of crossing dunes in different ways. 

If for any reason you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible. There are still members waitlisted for this drive who will appreciate a spot if you cannot make it. 

We will be using Carnity Radio channel 3. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks Marian @Jeepie Richard @Wrangeld @Brette @Mehmet Volga and all the drivers for a nice drive.. was real fun.. enjoy your weekend and meet again soon on the sand

0968C011-6409-4DB1-AD7C-F25D70582CCC.jpeg

1219401E-F306-4494-B7B4-6D0E589932CD.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

The Drive from my Eyes..

Today was actually my first Qudra area drive and i had an amazing time learning.. I really felt the difference on the steering wheel while driving through the soft dunes in Qudra and also somehow it feels that the colour of the sand makes it difficult for you to judge the dunes...

And as expectations were set of driving through the long range dunes, with the sideys, and little ridge riding and criss crossing and i think it was all met 👍 i had loads of fun as well as a nice practice to improve the skills ...

Thank you to an amazing leadership of @Jeepie and with the support of @Wrangeld, @Brette and @Mehmet Volga, we indeed had an excellent morning drive with very less stucks and refusals, job well done to the whole convoy!

@Newton Rozario for the fact that you said "it was a pleasure to watch me drive😇", thank you so much☺️, i really feel grateful to @Anish S who brought me here and thankful to the carnity family and all the amazing leaders! 

See you all soon in the sand...☺️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use