•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 28 Aug 2020

Gaurav

Every Absolute Newbie drives brings a great satisfaction to meet so many new faces to make new off-road friends. Almost everyone was on time or slightly early which really helps to set the pace and start the day with a smile.

Thank you everyone for being punctual, please continue to do so to respect everyone's time.

Thanks @Vanessa8580 for wonderful support and helping everyone with deflation and inspecting vehicles for safety and tow points. Your support during the drive as a sweep and helping people redirect or self recover was truly amazing. Everyone appreciated your patience, knowledge and skills to explore off-roading and to enjoy your "most earned" day off ;-) with the best possible weekend activity.

@Ali Abas Ali it was very nice to see you and probably the first forerunner in our club. You truly demonstrated your previous experience and coaching you have had to take the dunes with utmost precision, follow convoy discipline and manage the whole drive without any stucks or refusal. Really well done.

@Jason Johnson it was good to see you and a manual wrangler, now we are seeing one manual wrangler on almost every second absolute newbie drive. Managing manual gear for off-road is totally different than on road where half clutch help you spin tires, but in off-road same will dig you deeper. I am sure with little time and practice you will enjoy the stick just like @Frederic and @Srikumar enjoys it now. Btw, don't forget to get the clutch check as I suspect it's running really low on life.

@Muhammed Shabreen it was my first time to sit inside the GX as it's a bit rare combination here in UAE, but I was super impressed with its power and gadget it has almost at par with LC and LX. It's a beautiful and powerful vehicle that need bit of time for you get along. You have done wonderful too after deflating to 15 PSI from 21 and 24 PSI as in off-road "correct" deflation is very important for better flotation. Also learn to switch off the traction aides and SRS before next drive to enjoy it further. And please don't be so hard on yourself just because of last two stucks, you have driven wonderful from 5:30 - 8.30 AM. This can happen to anyone and everyone get stuck sometimes, so take it easy. Simply learn to push more gas next time whenever you are entering a soft patch and your vehicle starts to bog down, that's how we all escape from random soft sand patches all around.

@tcarrimjee and @Senthil Kumar you both Patrol brothers made it yesterday like a walk in a park with your powerful beast that was probably waiting to be unleashed. I was very impressed seeing you both flooring the gas pedal at right time and clearing the cross tracks, inclines and slope without a sweat. Patrol Y62 has enough power but as you progress in your off-road journey just be careful of the front and rear bumper that is a bit of concern with this shape patrol.

@tcarrimjee wonderful shot taken above of the new Jeep Gladiator, that tells exactly "How to NOT to recover the car". When car is 80% front heavy then recovering that car from back was a recipe for disaster to break the tow rope, tow hook or even chassis of other Jeep.

@jodha singh shekhawat thanks for watching the video brief and I'm sure now you know what you will do with a snakebite ;-). As I haven't heard anything from you so i assume you have had a good time and enjoyed your first introduction to sand. Nissan Xterra are one of my favourite 4x4 just because it comes off-road ready in a complete stock state. As you learn off-roading you will love your Xterra even more after every drive.

@abdallah hussein with a friends like @Wael Mounier and @Khaled Abdalla Im sure you have had enough distractions (lol) and additional coaching in your jeep for the first ride. Hope you have enjoyed and learn to push your wrangler (another great off-roader) to its limit and get to know her beast side better.

@Abhilash Nair you and your Pajero rocks and please don't judge your Pajero with your first off-road drive. Please check or change the gear oil and filter with OEM parts and test again, as Pajero gear oil doesn't heat up so fast usually as we have tons of pajero and they are happily pushing them at fewbie and intermediate level every week. Throw a question in Pajero forum and @Anish S, @Shiju Manuel, @Vanessa8580, @Frederic, @Mehmet Volga, @Mels Wolf will help you out with their experiences.

@Adith Lobo good to hear about your off-road DNA from Indian roots and im sure you will love off-roading in UAE much more than India as desert in UAE is much more promising and playable. You will also love the Prado as it's a perfect combination of power and luxury and will take you almost anywhere you wish. Just be careful with front approach angle of Prado when you scale to higher level of drives, to be sensible enough while going down steep hill slowly to not damage or bend the front bumper.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive.

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level:

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you guys soon in the sand !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

30 minutes ago, Jason Johnson said:

If you goto dragon mart you could get the same compressor for between AED 200 to AED 220. They are decent and would last you about a year or so depending on how you use it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Jason Johnson said:

Thank you very much 

16 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

If you goto dragon mart you could get the same compressor for between AED 200 to AED 220. They are decent and would last you about a year or so depending on how you use it. 

Thank you Mr Kumar 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use