•  

COVID 19 compliant - Morning Fewbie PLUS Desert Drive - Al Faqaa-Solar Park - 28 Aug 2020

Emmanuel

Thank you everybody for the drive and fun...Today, i was looking forward to learn and practise recovery with tow rope, however i ended up using it on myself 🤣.  It was a different and very technical terrain with lots of challenges that we coped well with, there was lots of opportunities to enhance our skills.

It was nice to see @Shamil after so long. Thank you @Emmanuel for your amazing leadership and @Shamil @Roshan Abraham for your assistance.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Drive report

I had decided on Thursday to change our meeting time from 5 to 5:15 because we had to cross a few technical dunes at the beginning and I wasn’t sure if all drivers would be confortable with night driving. As a result, the daylight was already on his way when we finished deflating and briefing. We started heading South, from the gazel farm to the long range dunes. @Foxtrot Oscar was my second lead and as always she did an amazing job. We had @Jorge Stepniak Felippe in sweep and @Shamil, who joined as a passenger with his friend @Roshan Abraham, was of great help from the back of the convoy.

Thanks to all our fewbie plus drivers, @Mehmet Volga, @Jolly Abraham@Anish S, @Roshan Abraham and @Jorge Stepniak Felippe who managed so well that we have been able to keep a good pace most of the time on this quite demanding terrain, with only a few refusals and stucks (nothing major though, just the minimum due to Faqaa) and one pop out (Roshan) close to the exit from Faqaa side. This didn’t prevent us to pay a short visit to our beloved « Little Sweihan » just before we exit to the track leading to Solar Park.

Breathtaking views (especially the ghaf little forest midway), wild life (gazels, oryx), fair amount of adrenaline...

Can't wait for our next drive in Faqaa... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

18 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

Drive report

I had decided on Thursday to change our meeting time from 5 to 5:15 because we had to cross a few technical dunes at the beginning and I wasn’t sure if all drivers would be confortable with night driving. As a result, the daylight was already on his way when we finished deflating and briefing. We started heading South, from the gazel farm to the long range dunes. @Foxtrot Oscar was my second lead and as always she did an amazing job. We had @Jorge Stepniak Felippe in sweep and @Shamil, who joined as a passenger with his friend @Roshan Abraham, was of great help from the back of the convoy.

Thanks to all our fewbie plus drivers, @Mehmet Volga, @Jolly Abraham@Anish S, @Roshan Abraham and @Jorge Stepniak Felippe who managed so well that we have been able to keep a good pace most of the time on this quite demanding terrain, with only a few refusals and stucks (nothing major though, just the minimum due to Faqaa) and one pop out (Roshan) close to the exit from Faqaa side. This didn’t prevent us to pay a short visit to our beloved « Little Sweihan » just before we exit to the track leading to Solar Park.

Breathtaking views (especially the ghaf little forest midway), wild life (gazels, oryx), fair amount of adrenaline...

Can't wait for our next drive in Faqaa... 

Sounds like I missed a very good one! 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use