•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 28 Aug 2020

Frederic

What an awesome drive today! I had a slow end to deflation when the valve in my last tire wouldn't close fully and I had to remove and replace it. Fortunately I carry a few spares with me, but this is the first time I've had to tackle this issue. After removing the valve, reinflation is necessary and here is another reason why you should have your air compressor with you. I'm super happy with my TJM MeanMother which literally makes inflation a breeze. I enlisted the help of @Mohamed Seidam and we both learned a new skill today with the support of @Frederic and @Rahimdad. This is one of my favorite things about driving with Carnity; you have a pool of collective knowledge to learn from and I come away from each drive having picked up more tips and techniques from the leads and other drivers.

Today was the second drive I've had with no refusals and we had some great firm sand for most of the drive allowing the convoy to keep momentum with very few refusals or stucks. I had the pleasure of the company of co-pilot @Kieran McKeown , and owner of the Carnity club's infamous Duster mascot, who has been temporarily out of action due to an injury. He has been itching to get back into the driver's seat especially as I have been taunting him on a weekly basis since I was promoted to Fewbie level and today insisted he address me by my title of "Second Lead" at all times :P . I'm sure i will pay dearly for all the teasing as soon as he gets his Duster up and running in the convoys again.

Thanks to all the drivers for being part of a great start to my weekend and as always to @Frederic and @Rahimdad for your patience and support. Already looking forward to the next drive.

Edited by Lisa Pemberton
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Dear @Frederic Thank you for the feedback it’s definitely encouraging and it was my pleasure to be part of this amazing convoy. I must admit that the private lesson with @Rahimdad made a big difference. I too hope to see you guys soon. Take care and have a good weekend everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

On 8/16/2020 at 12:07 AM, Islam Hassan said:

Thank you very much @Gaurav for the detailed report and the useful tips, It was a pleasure to be part of the convoy and have drive experience in Sharjah Pink Rock.Also, I wold like to express my impress of @J J Amazing calm approach during the refusal recovery. Keep it up.
Thanks to the all team for the wonderful day @Mohamed Seidam@Ammar Naji

see you in the next drive 

5B3E8232-8F6E-49DD-9C92-5A477F6C4CAE.jpeg

8DD3B7C7-F405-4C5E-B411-B0EC1DF34A04.jpeg

70CBE4AC-8437-4325-BAED-5B40857A4F73.jpeg

35BD295A-61D1-4E77-8677-AB2C8E710C48.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE REPORT

When all those pieces fall into place....

The morning came with a bit of a breeze, and a lot of good company. I was supported by @Rahimdad today which is always a blessing, and seeing that he enjoyed himself in the back all morning, even if there was some shoveling to be done, made me realize that these drives are sometimes rare and when they occur you have to count your blessings.

With @Lisa Pemberton as my second lead, we started off the morning by climbing Pink Rock, and venturing a bit on the back side to go all around it. It might be hard to tell but I am not sure if this drive went well because Lisa was in second lead, or if Kieran was next to her 🤣.. Just kidding. You never struggled anywhere, gave me enough space to find clean tracks, and was the perfect sidekick to this drive.

@Sajit Modiyil you are finding your way in the Xterra, and together with @Mohamed Seidam those Xterras are proving their worth in this terrain !

@SureshVNair you drive very well, and the few cases where you had small refusals you remained calm and got yourself out of the situation easily. Very well done !

@Kailas and @Andrei who always bring some color to the convoy drove really well too, and slide through the terrain with much hiccups. 

@Mohamed Seidam your communication and relaying the information towards the back of the convoy is wonderful. Keep it up ! And you were the first on scene together with Kieran to help out @Lisa Pemberton on her valve core, glad to see that kind of attitude !

@Ammar Naji you managed the terrain really well in this terrain, and the self recoveries I saw you doing were always with utmost calm approach and gentle throttle which is perfect for any self recovery, but especially when having a heavy powerful vehicle. Really impressed !

@Tamas Hoffmann and @Rizwan Waheed I have put your vehicles together in the convoy as they are resembling each other. That is a trick I sometimes use to help the driver imitate the same driving style of the vehicle in front which can make it easier to get through the terrain, but at no point did I feel you guys were struggling and you both drove super smooth ! Keep those Gen3 Pajero coming ! :)

@Dagdag Sofiane and @andy_macdxb both with the bigger Pajeros were doing just totally fine in the back of the convoy, digesting whatever terrain I took them through. Really impressive guys !

@Hennie Schoeman your Willy's and you were also sliding through the terrain, and carrying a big smile all morning. Keep it up !

@Abu Muhammad with your Sequoia being a gentle driver who took the car over every terrain, you really impressed me today, but since I know you had your first personal training from our Guru @Rahimdad there is no doubt you had the perfect introduction and we will be seeing you more often ! Take care and see you soon again !

We have drives every week. All of them are different, all of them carry a signature. Today thanks to this amazing convoy we covered almost 30km with 15 vehicles, which is pretty good I'd say !

See you guys soon in the sand !

PS 

@Rizwan Waheed below some information on the radios and the models we use and recommend. The Crony/Motorola MT777 or the Baofeng UV5-R is a perfect choice and these can be easily programmed with below tutorial.

@Frederic thanks again for the smooth drive this morning. I enjoyed every bit of it, especially climbing up the pink rock. Having a friendly team makes a big difference as well.i am thinking of investing in a max traks for convient self recovery. Let me know your thoughts on that whenever you are free.

@Rahimdad

Cheers for all the rapid support. Definitely added alot to my off roading experience. Looking forward to seeing you again ☺️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Super route and great driver support from the Carnity pros as always. After 6 wks away overseas, best thing about being back is getting into the desert for a morning drive. After struggling to get up the pink rock twice I realised I hadn't deselected ASC, which is total rookie, but also a good reminder that when you're out of a routine, even for a short while, the basics need to be remembered. Thanks again F and RB. Awesome work all. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Just my point of view after everything has been said by everyone. The smiles and excitement from all participants makes it worth waking up at 3 am. @Frederic thank you for allowing me to support your drive. Loved the route this morning knowing it could be any level but toning it down to Newbie. Very nice route and amazing well managed by all.

My pics have been updated in the Gallery.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/286-newbie-pink-rock-sharjah-28-aug-2020

• Like (+1) 3

@Frederic and @Rahimdad thank you for a great drive today morning.... loved the smooth curves and the ups and downs... the soft sand areas made the drive tricky and as always learning everyday more. Thank you for the guidance and support. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Good evening Everyone 

Today early morning and while heading toward our meeting “ deflation “ point I was asking my self how am I going to enjoy being a CF ( center forward ) effectively and responsibly. It turned out that little pressure makes me work out It safely. It was an honor ! More than a skill I am making my best to develop and sharpen in the setting of off road drive “ COMMUNICATION “ .

As the day progressed the convoy was going smooth and nice even with couple of stops either for refusals, stuck or waiting to connect the front with the rear of our 15 vehicle blessed convoy rounding the pink rock. 

@Frederic and @Rahimdad Thank you for the help and support during this amazing trip.and to all of you guys each by his name thank you for making this day so wonderful and at ease al along. 
I am really honored to drive with all of you .

Take care and looking forward to join you once more in another adventurous ride.

Cheers and drive safe 🌷🚙

P.S : I will post later few videos and pictures 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use