•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Fewbie Evening Desert Drive - Suwaydan to Faya - 28 Aug 2020

Frederic

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above 

When: 28 Aug 2020, Friday.

Meeting time: 5:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Action Plan: Evening drive till about 09:00 PM

Meeting Point: 2nd December Cafeteria: https://goo.gl/maps/s5Hci1EvcDi53Z4Z6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 PM

End Point: Faya Dune Buggy Rentals

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

53771640-B1D4-44A0-B3CC-7F002EBA712F.jpeg.771c1dcae9d579b9e0e8e5bfd8e41b1b.jpegDRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

@Christian Andras will be my second lead tomorrow, slightly altering the tracks upon my instructions, and communicating to the rest of the convoy to inform them of any bumps, tricky parts, bowls. 

@Mels Wolf will be our center forward, keeping the convoy together, and being the first at the scene to initiate recoveries and help out over the radio.

@Jeepie will be our sweep, keeping the convoy moving and help out with recoveries where needed.

The drive plan is to start off at the 2nd december cafeteria and take a left towards direction Faya. This track takes us through strange terrain with lots of trees and black sand. This area is not the most difficult terrain but will be PERFECT for taking some scenic shots. 

Once we pass this terrain, we will take the roundabout the cross the road and head towards Faya. The plan is to approach Faya from a less used side, and enjoy the bowls that are surrounding Faya, also known as "The Saddle".

Please make sure to bring all your gear as per Fewbie level, and set your radio to Channel 2 (446.03125Mhz).

Looking really forward to this one !

See you !

• Like (+1) 8

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I have just had a roster change and have to work tomorrow. Really sad to bow out as I was looking forward to this drive very much.

Since COVID we are having a lot of last minute changes. Sorry to cause any issue; I hope whoever takes my places enjoys the drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use