•  

FACE MASK IS STILL MANDATORY

Gaurav

Dear @Wael Mounier, @Khaled Abdalla and @Dagdag Sofiane. If you feel the @Gaurav bhai is being strong in His message it's due to the current threat, your reactions are also not very friendly. You are our students and we have to guide you not only for off-roading but also safety precautions as required by the UAE government due to the current situations. As @Frederic said we are all going to apply the Covid19 restrictions strictly. We took a risk to be the first Off-road club in UAE to post drives after we structured a safe environment for all and we would like to keep a safe environment for all members who come out every week trusting us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

@Rahimdad, No one is challenging the rule or its importance at all, we mentioned clearly that non of us object on either the rule or the importance on the wearing the face mask even if i am 100% sure that all of you forgot wearing his mask from time to time inside or outside the drives within the past 6 months.

There is a difference between applying the rules and being rude to others, even police in dubai when he fine you he do this with a smile on his face and with full respect for all drivers.

We are all adults and we all inforce rules in our line of business and believe me in many cases in much more serious situations than the drives and we still do this with full respect for the people we are dealing with.

Please differentiate between the rules and the communciation.

Anyway, thanks and wish you all luck in inforcing the rules

• Like (+1) 2

@Rahimdad
First In my post I just respond to Gaurav, I don't get why you guys get involved.

So i an going to repeat myself again: Gaurav made his point verbally in a very strong way during the drive Saturday. That was more than enough there was no need for a big wall of shame post. If you guys don't get its not a rules problem but a communication/respect issue It's not on me.

We all came here with humility and willingness to learn we all should not forget that.

Edited by Dagdag Sofiane
  • Like (+1) 1

@Dagdag Sofiane thank you for pushing your point through. I understand your point and respect it. But this is a community it's not about me or him, it's about us. If you are not aware I did form this off-road club and it's part of my responsibility to over see that everything is well planned and executed. If anything comes to my notice which is not in place it's part of my responsibility to see that all matters are resolved. I have given this authority to all the senior contributing members as I alone cannot overlook a club that is expanding at a good rate. Hope this answers your question as to why I'm getting involved.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Sorry to interject gents, but even without being part of this "problematic" drive I fully understand what the members are saying about the communication problems. 

I did not have an issue with a mask but had a discussion with the same person and hated with a passion the approach and decided never to join his events. 

We love the drives, we understand the rules and if anybody forgot a mask I am pretty sure it was unintentional and he is sorry but you also need to understand that if a few of us now raised the same issue, it is probably real. The Hall of Shame thing is an exact description of the approach and it is not only applied for CoVid-19 related. 
Let's try to chill a bit and apply some common sense both ways 

Peace out and see you in the sand

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Andrei said:

Sorry to interject gents, but even without being part of this "problematic" drive I fully understand what the members are saying about the communication problems. 

I did not have an issue with a mask but had a discussion with the same person and hated with a passion the approach and decided never to join his events. 

We love the drives, we understand the rules and if anybody forgot a mask I am pretty sure it was unintentional and he is sorry but you also need to understand that if a few of us now raised the same issue, it is probably real. The Hall of Shame thing is an exact description of the approach and it is not only applied for CoVid-19 related. 
Let's try to chill a bit and apply some common sense both ways 

Peace out and see you in the sand

@Andrei I was there when you had this so called discussion . Its fair to say the same person actually saved your vehicle from catching fire , hence saving you loads of money and he actually explained you in a calm way. Sometimes it is good to take experienced advices in a way that is for your own benefit and safety. My two cents.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, J J said:

@Andrei I was there when you had this so called discussion . Its fair to say the same person actually saved your vehicle from catching fire , hence saving you loads of money and he actually explained you in a calm way. Sometimes it is good to take experienced advices in a way that is for your own benefit and safety. My two cents.

Agree 100%. The one thing I like about the Carnity community is the extra effort from the experts to mentor the rest of us, on many things. I will certainly enjoy many more drives with the whole team, and accept their guidance as just that. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

8 minutes ago, J J said:

@JJ, I assume you are talking about the getting stuck incident just before stopping 3 weeks ago. If you do, I did take advice properly. He was right on the manual handling and because I was exhausted and needed a break, I let him handle the car to get it out of there. I recognize the experience and respect it. I even started driving the car daily to work just to get back on track with the full clutch release, in line with his advice. I also thanked him and you both on the drive post. 

This is not the point and frankly discussions like this are not why I joined this group. I am telling you there is a problem in the way he talks to others and this post is the living proof it is not only me who saw/felt it.

You can choose to ignore or do something about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use