•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Sharjah - 04 Sep 2020

Frederic

The trip through my eyes.

Started a bit early to make it ahead of time, with Sharjah Police closing my route I had to go to Qusais to turn around and just made it on time. As soon as I stepped out of the car I was pleasantly greeted by a cool breeze. After a quick deflation and briefing we set off.

What seemed to be just a boring drive like one of mine, it quickly changed to more challenging and hitting every play area I can think off. One thing I relearned today was thanks to @Ammar Naji. As he was crested and had this obsession with having a couple of wooden planks to make out of the stuck. We tried it out and definitely didn't work out just like our experiment a couple of years back with the recovery track boards. After digging in the right spots though we were able to drive right out and we decided to call that spot the Salik gate for Maliha. All proceeds will be directly sent to @Ammar Naji for his thoughtful easy access through a sharp crest.

I was pleasantly surprised to see everyone manage the sideys with so much ease. Everyone had a wonderful control on throttle steering and brakes during these attempts.  Except for @Syed Raza Hussain who seemed to have the heavy BF Goodrich tires, but surprisingly managed well through most parts. @Kailas did wonderful at second lead, however spoke on the radio in a nice ladies voice. Seems to be a good voice artist too. @Sinol seeMe to be very comfortable at this level and it is lovely to watch him take full control of his car while off-roading.

@Sajit Modiyil too has great control and seems like has done well to understand the dynamics of his vehicle. @Ashy with his JGC keeps fooling me, making me think he's @Brette, and his driving style is improving which fools me even further. Vast improvement from what I have last seen of him. @Ammar Naji is handling his Expedition better every day and I feel is very smooth in His inputs. Great way to drive a gravity magnet and really looking forward to him on drive every time. I also appreciate the child like personality where he wants to experiment and learn. Love this trait in him and more power to him every time.

@Nivin seems like the pirate of the sands as he drives with the control of Jack Sparrow behind the Black Pearl. @Rizwan Waheed makes the Pajero look good with very precise manoeuvres. I'm sure lit of people will want to have a Pajero after watch his masterful style. @Syed Raza Hussain needs a few mire drives to find the optimum settings for his vehicle, but managed well throughout.

@Ilya Golubinsky did fantastic with his white Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I have to admit that the LWB makes it just a bit difficult to drive on the sands, but at no point I found him to be out of control. Fantastic control and precise steering, well done. @SureshVNair amazed me with the absolute smooth ride through today's track which tells me he's one with his vehicle and ready for the next level. Finally @Andrei with his colourful blue Jeep kept me company throughout the drive and seemed like enjoying his ride. This is only possible when you understand the dynamics of your vehicle and he has got it right and seemed relaxed at all times.

Thanks @Frederic for the wonderful opportunity and I loved the second half of the drive to the extreme. My pics are posted in the Gallery, waiting for others to post their shots.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/293-newbie-mahafiz-sharjah-4-sep-2020

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

17 hours ago, Ajiesh George Kannankara said:

@Fredericwe were half the way and car have some missing.stopped all the way in the middle of the road.Don’t think we could make for the drive. Extremely sorry for this situation...

No worries buddy, better have it looked at. See you next time !

Nothing to add to this wonderful drive report from @Rahimdad !

A truly lovely morning with a group or passionate off-roaders who all did so amazingly well. I would have gladly extended it another 30 minutes but didn’t want to jinx it, and like all great artists we should go out on a high 😜

See you guys soon in the sand !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Rahimdad Thankyou very much for the kind words. It was my 3rd drive and learned alot from every single driver. And thank you for your advices and tips which helps us alot.

@Frederic you are a rockstar. Making us love every bit of it. 

Looking forward for more rides..

see you when i see you.. ;)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Another great drive, Thanks @Frederic and @Rahimdad.

This was a great learning experience for me being 2nd lead. In my previous drives, I could watch the vehicles in front of me how they tackle each pass.

In this drive, I had to be more alert and instantaneous especially driving right behind @Frederic. So much more to learn. Looking forward to more and more drives with Carnity.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

For the newbies that have completed their 5 newbie drives, can now apply for a promotion to Fewbie level. 

Click on below link and complete the form. Your application will be evaluated by the senior Carnity team.

image.jpeg.d1e4704db45b86c0ad25e8a7b0cf40ce.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use