•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Newbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 4 Sep 2020

Srikumar

3 minutes ago, Senthil Kumar said:

@Srikumar

Hi sri,

Iam planning this ride with my son 11 years old, please let me know if any age restrictions, 

Hi @Senthil Kumar no worries, that is perfectly allowed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 minutes ago, Senthil Kumar said:

@Srikumar

Hi sri,

Iam planning this ride with my son 11 years old, please let me know if any age restrictions, 

It's not an issue. But please ensure he is sitting with a seat belt.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

An amazing drive where everyone did amazingly well ! Really impressed with all drivers and how all smoothly went through whatever @Srikumar was throwing at you. We ended with two fun recoveries where I could finally put my winch to work and I was glad it worked out fine. 

@Gaurav Tomar the Baofeng 888 which you bought can only be used on the Carnity frequencies if you have a laptop with baofeng programming cable, and free software called Chirp. If you’re not into that technical stuff we can advise you to get a Crony MT777 or Baofeng UV5R which you can easily program with below instructions:

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hey! @Srikumar Thanks for a really nice drive! I really enjoyed the route you selected! I think everyone in the convoy drove really well and make the trip really enjoyable!

@Frederic Thanks for the drive also and for all of the tips to do a proper pull! I really wanted to learn so thanks for allowing me to practice!

See you soon!

• Like (+1) 1

TRIP REPORT

As I reached the meeting point, it was good to see that most of the cars had already reached and started deflating. There were a few new faces for me and after a quick introduction, followed by the Newbie briefing we started our drive towards the medium range dunes at the back side of Qudra. After getting around some of the small but which can be annoying semi - technical dunes we reached to the nice dunes where everyone had plenty of opportunity for side slopping, broad ridge crossing. 

Everyone managed the terrain extremely well, as I was bumping up the level bit by bit. Except for a couple of stucks which was easily managed by @Frederic and @Nacho (under the guidance of Frederic), there were hardly any stoppages in the convoy and a decent pace was maintained throughout the drive. 

With sun setting early these days, it gives us all a chance to try out a bit of night driving which posses it's own unique set of challenges. @Hennie Schoeman was my second lead and had a perfect drive through out except for the last stuck 10 m away from the road where he got himself caught in a nasty pocket with powder soft sand.. And we can probably say it was the case of 'One Man's mistake was another Man's opportunity', as Freddy got his chance to inaugurate his new winch for which he was waiting throughout the evening. 

Well done everyone for managing a Newbie+ drive so well.

Special mention to @Frederic for supporting the drive. I was able to push the level, knowing you were there in sweep. Thanks buddy.

See you guys next week. Take care.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Srikumar @Frederic thanks guys for a memorable drive (yet again). What an experience getting stuck like NEVER before and seeing you guys operate (with obvious experience) getting me out of there! Was a pleasure being the test dummy for the new winch! Looking forward to many more drives with you gents! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 9/4/2020 at 9:59 PM, Frederic said:

An amazing drive where everyone did amazingly well ! Really impressed with all drivers and how all smoothly went through whatever @Srikumar was throwing at you. We ended with two fun recoveries where I could finally put my winch to work and I was glad it worked out fine. 

@Gaurav Tomar the Baofeng 888 which you bought can only be used on the Carnity frequencies if you have a laptop with baofeng programming cable, and free software called Chirp. If you’re not into that technical stuff we can advise you to get a Crony MT777 or Baofeng UV5R which you can easily program with below instructions:

Thanks @Frederic I bought Baofeng UV5R will program it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use